GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When it comes to multiformat games, which is better: GC or PS2 ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"..."
I already know that ps2 has better controls in specific games, like the tony hawk's series, metal gear games, etc... What I'm asking about here is the visuals. I need to know whether multiformat games are going to look better on GC or PS2. And please I don't want anybody to tell me to get either a ps2, or a gc for some other reason, because I already got both, and I want to know for which one should I buy the multiformat games.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:46
Regular
Gamespot are american

They scored ESPN Basketball and NASCAR Thunder over 9/10

Nuff said really...
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:40
Regular
"..."
Apple Crumble wrote:
> But lets be honest, IGN aren't exaclty the sharpest tools in the box
> are they :)
what about gamespot ?
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:40
Regular
"..."
Hedfix wrote:
> homosh wrote:
> and IGN have always praised
> the ps2 controller.
>
> Yeah and at the end of the N64's lifespan they finally admitted they
> thought the N64 controller was poor.
>
> There's a few idiots at IGN y'know.
They're not ediots. You miss the point. What they meant is that when thug2 developers created the game, they first made it to work perfectly with ps2 controller, then they ported it to the rest.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:39
Regular
But lets be honest, IGN aren't exaclty the sharpest tools in the box are they :)
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:38
Regular
"..."
I AM serious. Try reading the ign reviews of thug2. They say the gc and pc versions are the worst. Both ps2 and Xbox versions have online gameplay, plus the game was designed to work perfectly with a ps2 controller. And if you actually open www.gamespot.com and type the name of a multiformat game, sometimes the ps2 version will be given a higher score than gc. Just keep trying, really. I did that to try and tell which is better.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:36
Regular
"8==="
homosh wrote:
> and IGN have always praised
> the ps2 controller.

Yeah and at the end of the N64's lifespan they finally admitted they thought the N64 controller was poor.

There's a few idiots at IGN y'know.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:34
Regular
"8==="
Odd.

Well I haven't owned a GC for 6 months so maybe someone snuck round putting PSone chips into all the cubes...
Regular
Well I don't have a PS2, and I didnt buy my GC for Mario or my XBOX for Halo. I enjoy plenty of games on them both :)
Regular
"..."
Seriously, when I search gamespot for multiformat games, ps2 is more likely to get the higher score than gc, and IGN have always praised the ps2 controller.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:33
Regular
"..."
I do, and you know what ? PS2 gets the better ones !!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.