GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When it comes to multiformat games, which is better: GC or PS2 ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"..."
I already know that ps2 has better controls in specific games, like the tony hawk's series, metal gear games, etc... What I'm asking about here is the visuals. I need to know whether multiformat games are going to look better on GC or PS2. And please I don't want anybody to tell me to get either a ps2, or a gc for some other reason, because I already got both, and I want to know for which one should I buy the multiformat games.
Sat 09/10/04 at 11:31
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Apple Crumble wrote:
> What worries me is that there are so many stupid people out there who
> buy PS2s.
>
> I mean what's the point? You're buying a console that has the worst
> graphics of the three, the poorest exculsive games of the three and
> it can only have two players unless you have a multimap. Plus it's
> at the same price of a console far better than it (XBOX) and higher
> priced than the much better GC.
>
> It doesn't make any sense :S

GC looks like it has good graphics because 95% of its games are cell-shaded.

PS2 has easily got

a) the best control system

and b) the best exclusive games

PS2 has Ratchet and Clank, Jak, Killzone, MGS (for the time being anyway), Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo. I could go on.

XBOX has Halo. Full stop.

GC has Zelda and Mario. Buy a GBA for crying out loud!
Sat 09/10/04 at 10:10
Regular
The original question was between the GameCube and Playstation 2.

In response, the GameCube is far better in terms of graphics - BUT only when the developers have done more than just a straight port of the game over to the GameCube. As the Playstation 2 is normally the system in which the most copies of a multiformat game sell on, games are normally designed for the PS2 and ported. However, with Xbox having roughly equal popularity with the GameCube, both fighting worldwide for second place, then there's a good probability that some developers will consider the Xbox before PS2 due to its power, and so the ports would look better on GameCube than the PS2...providing the developers don't dumb it down too much.

There are too many variables to say for definite. All I can say is that the graphics of Ratchet & Clank don't look even half as good as Super Mario Sunshine.

The GameCube is more powerful than the Playstation 2. The only downside is the lack of DVD playback. If you do decide to consider all three consoles, the Xbox is the best, unless you're a big fan of Nintendo games.
Sat 09/10/04 at 09:28
Regular
"\\"
If you want quantity, go for the PS2... That's got a crap load of poop games.
Sat 09/10/04 at 09:22
Regular
"..."
I was talking about the quantity.
Sat 09/10/04 at 09:18
Regular
"\\"
homosh wrote:
> Aoe wrote:
> And how exactly does GC beat Xbox? :S
> By having a load of some of the best games ever which are exclusive
> ?

But wasn't he talking about games that are released on all three consoles?

Moron.

It's down to personal opinion on which consoles have the better exclusives. I'd say Xbox. But then that's my choice.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:53
Regular
"..."
heh..
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:52
Regular
MGS is good mind :D
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
"..."
Ok.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:49
Regular
Yes, that's okay mate :)

GC has better graphics than PS2. End of matter.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:47
Regular
"..."
If you haven't noticed, several people have already told me that it's better on GC, I was just explaining why I was confused. I am not trying to prove the superiority of either of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.