GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When it comes to multiformat games, which is better: GC or PS2 ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"..."
I already know that ps2 has better controls in specific games, like the tony hawk's series, metal gear games, etc... What I'm asking about here is the visuals. I need to know whether multiformat games are going to look better on GC or PS2. And please I don't want anybody to tell me to get either a ps2, or a gc for some other reason, because I already got both, and I want to know for which one should I buy the multiformat games.
Sat 09/10/04 at 14:05
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
lalakersrule wrote:

You said it yourself.

> People having different opinions, needs and wants doesn't make
> them an idiot, retard or whatever.

If I, you or anyone else wants to discuss their opinions, that's what a message board is for.
Sat 09/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
anyone who is arguing about which piece of electronic equipment is better and defending it like someone would defend their mother IS a retard

Ergo he's telling it as it is.
Sat 09/10/04 at 13:44
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
lalakersrule wrote:
> *applauds Ali* well done that man, well said.
>
> i really can't understand why people come onto a forum and have a go
> at other people for buying a different console. People have different
> opinions, needs and wants and buying a specific console doesn't make
> them an idiot, retard or whatever.
>
> If you're console really is so good and better than the others, why
> aren't you on it right now instead of being on here?

And yet you applaud Ali for calling us retards.

Ergo, hypocritical.
Sat 09/10/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*applauds Ali* well done that man, well said.

i really can't understand why people come onto a forum and have a go at other people for buying a different console. People have different opinions, needs and wants and buying a specific console doesn't make them an idiot, retard or whatever.

If you're console really is so good and better than the others, why aren't you on it right now instead of being on here?
Sat 09/10/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
There really are a lot of tards and fanboys on here.

Think about it a bit more.
The PS2 was released a good 9 months before the gamecube, the gamcube is hardly going to be worse than it in terms of technical ability is it?

In terms of multiformat games a lot of them are not made for a specific console, instead they are designed specifically for one and then ported to the others, this means that most of them are not designed to run as best as possible on a certain console and using the hardware to as best as possible. So sometimes the better console does not have the best version of a multiformat game.

Each console has its own pros and cons.

I just can't believe how many folk on here put on the rose tinted glasses when it comes to a discussion about these consoles, having an opinion is fine but when you can accept someone elses opinion you really are bordering on the fanboy tardism level.
Sat 09/10/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
GC for graphics and speed
Sat 09/10/04 at 12:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I bought my PS2 because that's the console with the best and most RPG's on it and as that's my favourite genre of games that was what made my decision for me. Keeps me happy but then my definition of a good game goes a little further then whether it has good graphics or not.
Sat 09/10/04 at 11:58
Regular
"0228"
I'll admit that some of the ideas in Nintendo games aren't exactly mature, but getting all 120 shines in Mario Sunshine is a challenge for anyone, any age.
Why do so many people seem to think that a game need guns and blood to qualify as a good game?
Sat 09/10/04 at 11:48
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I'm guessing that the majority of people here are over the age of 15. Mario and Zelda are games for children! Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter contain quite adult humour sometimes, and they have guns! What do Mario and Zelda have? A boomerang? The ability to spit seeds? Please.
Sat 09/10/04 at 11:38
Regular
"0228"
You'd have trouble convincing me that Ratchet And Clank is better than any Mario or Zelda game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.