GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When it comes to multiformat games, which is better: GC or PS2 ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"..."
I already know that ps2 has better controls in specific games, like the tony hawk's series, metal gear games, etc... What I'm asking about here is the visuals. I need to know whether multiformat games are going to look better on GC or PS2. And please I don't want anybody to tell me to get either a ps2, or a gc for some other reason, because I already got both, and I want to know for which one should I buy the multiformat games.
Fri 08/10/04 at 22:36
Regular
"..."
I already know that ps2 has better controls in specific games, like the tony hawk's series, metal gear games, etc... What I'm asking about here is the visuals. I need to know whether multiformat games are going to look better on GC or PS2. And please I don't want anybody to tell me to get either a ps2, or a gc for some other reason, because I already got both, and I want to know for which one should I buy the multiformat games.
Fri 08/10/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Teal'c"
GC
Fri 08/10/04 at 22:58
Regular
Well the Gamecube has far better graphics, but PS2 gets far more multiformat games.

Hmmm, a problem...

If you are talking about the games that appear on all three consoles, and not the large amount that only appear on XBOX and PS2, then the GC wins hands down.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:01
Regular
"\\"
And how exactly does GC beat Xbox? :S
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:03
Regular
"..."
I'm talking about the ones that appear on all 3. Like fifa, medal of honour, prince of persia, and on top of all I need a specific opinion on splinter cell pandora tomorrow and hitman contracts, because I had sc1 and hitman 2 for ps2, so now I am confused..
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:04
Regular
I never said it did. All I asked was about whether he meant games that appear 'on all three consoles' ot the games that 'only appear on XBOX and GC'.

The GC is better than the PS2 Full Stop :)
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:04
Regular
"..."
Aoe wrote:
> And how exactly does GC beat Xbox? :S
By having a load of some of the best games ever which are exclusive ?
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:05
Regular
homosh wrote:
> I'm talking about the ones that appear on all 3. Like fifa, medal of
> honour, prince of persia, and on top of all I need a specific opinion
> on splinter cell pandora tomorrow and hitman contracts, because I had
> sc1 and hitman 2 for ps2, so now I am confused..

XBOX has the best graphics
GC not far behind
PS2 compared to the other two has poor graphics.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:05
Regular
"..."
Apple Crumble wrote:
> The GC is better than the PS2 Full Stop :)
Thanks. This is that exact answer that I was expecting.
Fri 08/10/04 at 23:07
Regular
"..."
ohh, one more thing: When there is a multiformat game that has 60 hz mode on ps2, does it have to have 60 hz mode on GC ? And if both of them are just regular 50 hz, which will be the better conversion: GC or PS2 ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.