GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University Personal Statement"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
I'm currently getting through the application process, and I'm writing my personal statement. The problem is, I cannot find any where that tells me how long it has to be. I fear I may of written too much in terms of things I need to put in, and I must of spent at least 4 paragraphs talking through my work experience placements.

Anyone got any advice, or is long and descriptive good enough?
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:13
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> What are they? If they're demanding/popular courses it will make you
> look less dedicated to each subject than they'd like.

History, English and Law.
I'm only really throwing English in there to fill up space and keep my options open though, because I'm still not sure what I want to do.

At the University I'll be applying to Law is AAA or AAB + A at AS.
Boo-urns.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:10
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Yey for Dr. Ws.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:10
Regular
gaybys wrote:
> I'm going to apply for 3 different subjects :'(

What are they? If they're demanding/popular courses it will make you look less dedicated to each subject than they'd like.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:09
Regular
I did, as an example.

All my knowledge of Uni apps comes from 'elite' areas like Oxbridge, and the heads of medicine for Edinburgh, Nottingham, Liverpool, UEA etc.

I suppose with less demanding subjects it's different.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I'm going to apply for 3 different subjects :'(
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Who said anything about geography?
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:04
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I used a UCAS program on the college PCs - 47 lines.

Sigh.

My college sucks so much ass, They never told us this, in fact, they just gave us advice on writing a personal statement, they didn't say there was a word/line limit.

How gay.

In fact, the UCAS site doesn't state this either.

How un-informative :-(.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:01
Regular
Well that's probably true for crappy subjects like geography, but if you're applying for something where every applicant has at least AAB, it means everything.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I just said why I wanted to study philosophy and history.

Basically.
Sat 25/09/04 at 20:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Ha, are you joking?

Nope, maybe they do thinks differently "down south" but ive been told by the head of a department that they take very little notice of personal statements, usually because they are mostly lies.

The only thing that can't lie are the grades.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.