GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University Personal Statement"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
I'm currently getting through the application process, and I'm writing my personal statement. The problem is, I cannot find any where that tells me how long it has to be. I fear I may of written too much in terms of things I need to put in, and I must of spent at least 4 paragraphs talking through my work experience placements.

Anyone got any advice, or is long and descriptive good enough?
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> You should also be using the UCAS form on their website, so using
> your own very small font size isn't going to help I'm afraid.

Thats the problem, I have no idea what my "college buzzword" is.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
A Politician.

Prime Minister Sheepy.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm doing Politics and History, I'm starting to worry I'll have a crappy job when I leave.

So... I'm going to the Career Advisor and get a head start of what areas I could go into.

*taps head*
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:06
Regular
Not without reading it.

You should also be using the UCAS form on their website, so using your own very small font size isn't going to help I'm afraid.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:03
Regular
Delete some of it.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:01
Regular
Any one got any advice on cutting it down?

At the current draft, it stands at 78 lines (size 8 font).

Muh...
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:54
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I take it you want to be a lawyer then?
>
> If so I'd really recommend not having more than 2 different courses
> out of your 6, and make at least 4 of them Law courses at various
> Unis (top end, 2 middle and a low one for safety).

Damn, I was gonna apply at both Glasgow and Edinburgh for Uni, mind you though, I am an absolute god, and they'll want me, bad, so two top end, and two middle I say.

Don't have a clue what other courses I'll apply for. Economics maybe, there's no way they won't accept me. Shame I'm only doing 1 Advanced Higher (A level), becasue I need a gap yearish thing to rest myself, but I'm not eligible for a scholarship I'm going for if I don't, and I'm qell in the running for this scholarship.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:49
Yeah, I've heard of people's stories - they had 4 As, had to write a great PS, complete a prelim written exam, go through the interview stage and have a varied and proactive history before they get accepted.

A bit like applying for the top city jobs for those after graduation; which i s just as well, seeing as qualified medics are virtually guaranteed a job afterwards.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Plagiarise stuff from New Scientist to look uber.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:45
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> I am deeply interested in .
>
> In the past, I took part in > interested in .
>
> I hope to do
>
> I really love .

Unfortunatly for medicine that needs to be accompanied by

"I've actually been a practicing doctor since the age of 3" and "I cut off my arm to feed starving orphans"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.