GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University Personal Statement"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
I'm currently getting through the application process, and I'm writing my personal statement. The problem is, I cannot find any where that tells me how long it has to be. I fear I may of written too much in terms of things I need to put in, and I must of spent at least 4 paragraphs talking through my work experience placements.

Anyone got any advice, or is long and descriptive good enough?
Sun 26/09/04 at 00:25
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I'm running for Sixth Form council.
>
> So umm..yeah.
>
> Holy crap, thought you were around 25.

Really? What gave you that impression?

My ambition is to be a doctor, but my dream has been to create music or films.

I decided a few weeks ago to put more effort into my dream while following my chosen career path. That way I have a 'normal' job I like, and if I get the oppurtunity to move into my dream job I can.
Sun 26/09/04 at 00:16
No. Not a summer job that will earn you a grand to buy yourself a new PC. I mean money that you have to earn for years before you have enough to start something worthwhile up.
Sat 25/09/04 at 23:52
Regular
Well spotted that man. Then take a job and raise the money you need, simple. There are plenty of jobs you can take that can help you raise money. Truly, not really pointed out, but Iiiii don't really care.
Sat 25/09/04 at 23:47
Grix Thraves wrote:

>
> We are given life, big masses of life and if we are to waste it by
> categorically slipping into whatever 'will do' for us to survive then
> you are little more than decoration. You have the opportunity of
> life, and without thought of tradition, generic code and what is
> apparently the 'standard', you can satisfy your own imagination by
> refusing to accept anything less than what you need to do.
>

Yeah. But you usually need money to set up something you want to do for life first.
Sat 25/09/04 at 23:46
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I'm running for Sixth Form council.
>
> So umm..yeah.

Holy crap, thought you were around 25.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
I've worked out a great way not to end up working behind a desk and helping some crapfaced company spin it's wheels: by never starting.

But of course, that makes me lazy. It's a living, you f**k! Who cares if you're stuck in a dreamless capsule of paperwork, you're earning money, earning money to feed and clothe you. If you won't take that up, that makes you nothing but lazy.

NO. No. That does not make me lazy.

Keeping myself in something that I do not enjoy makes me lazy. Giving up, deciding that all my dreams, the things I enjoy, are too ridiculous, too high up for me ever to reach.. THAT'S lazy.

We are given life, big masses of life and if we are to waste it by categorically slipping into whatever 'will do' for us to survive then you are little more than decoration. You have the opportunity of life, and without thought of tradition, generic code and what is apparently the 'standard', you can satisfy your own imagination by refusing to accept anything less than what you need to do.

All that's left, unfortunately, is to find out what you really need to do...
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
I'm running for Sixth Form council.

So umm..yeah.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I see myself in an office, 9-5 thing and typing stuff in computers. Losing any last remaining lust for life by 25.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:15
Regular
I'll vote for Sheepy. Make me part of your party so we can beat up the President.
Sat 25/09/04 at 22:13
Regular
Take a crowbar in on monday...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.