GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University Personal Statement"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/09/04 at 20:38
Regular
I'm currently getting through the application process, and I'm writing my personal statement. The problem is, I cannot find any where that tells me how long it has to be. I fear I may of written too much in terms of things I need to put in, and I must of spent at least 4 paragraphs talking through my work experience placements.

Anyone got any advice, or is long and descriptive good enough?
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wuv u Venom
Tue 28/09/04 at 19:06
"period drama"
I might be doing exactly the same course at the same place as you, freak. But possibly not.

Under 600 words the PS has to be.
Tue 28/09/04 at 18:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
SHEEPY wrote:
> It's not really important

I think I'm getting a flashback here.

Wait.. here it is:

Ah yes, 'twas the day Sheepy came onto the forums here moaning about having to write a personal statement for his uni application. And I told him the Universities didn't give a damn about it. And then he moaned some more.

Now Sheepy is the learned one passing on sage advice. Oh how times change...
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yep, I'm a genius. Try and get some work etc done to help me into the job I want.

Though, I did fancy moving to Europe for a bit after Uni but that's a bit cliche and expensive.
Mon 27/09/04 at 13:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm doing Politics and History, I'm starting to worry I'll have a
> crappy job when I leave.
>
> So... I'm going to the Career Advisor and get a head start of what
> areas I could go into.
>
> *taps head*

Hmm, a good idea that, im halfway through my course and ive got no idea what to do at the end.
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:46
Regular
The electronic UCAS thing can be no more than 47 linesd, and much ASCII stuff cannot be used or you get the codes appearing in the box, so tabs, symbols, and dashes are no nos. Letters and spaces only. Maybe numbers too.
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
"lets go back"
gamesfreak wrote:
> munn wrote:
> No more than 47 lines, no minimum amount.
>
> Darn, Just counted mine: 55, and I haven't even finished yet.

As long as it fits in the box on the form it doesnt matter. Just make sure the text is no smaller than pnt10. Try widening your margines to give you more space.

EDIT:- Ive just checked mine and it was 43 lines long with 459 words if that helps at all.
Sun 26/09/04 at 15:21
Regular
Oooo that must be so easy to write a PS for :(
Sun 26/09/04 at 12:50
Regular
I'm going to apply for the Games Computing course at Lincoln University, hopefully I'll be able to get in.

Thanks for the help people.
Sun 26/09/04 at 00:56
Dunno really, just a image I had of you.

Anyway, me too. Too many people are saying "Ohhhh, but I don't want to work here for LIFE!!!", always thinking they have another 40 years in an office before retirement. Obiovusly, they're misguided. Spend some time down your career path, and the rest on fulfilling your life ambition through the cash earnt in your earlier life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.