GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone name 5 good GC exclusives due out this year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 22:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anyone?
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:37
Regular
"8==="
I can understand them fiddling about with some versions not playing DVD or being able to connect to live.

Anything more than that...

Perhaps the most expensive one will be backwards compatible if the others aren't?
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:28
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I still think its a bad idea through and through, keep it simple I say.
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:25
Regular
"8==="
I expect the middle one will rival any competitor in price with the cheaper one undercutting and the most expensive one being more expensive than the competitors but maxxed out in some way.
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:22
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
If its like that then it better be bloody cheap, I mean £50 cheap and the proper being the price of a normal new console.
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:20
Regular
"8==="
I can understand if the models keep Xbox live balanced with the cheapest console loading your details off a large memory card and you having to put downloaded content onto a memory card.

Perhaps the cheapest one won't even be able to go online? Just a stripped down version for offline with no DVD player etc.
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:17
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Anything that unbalances Live would make me lose my faith in Xbox completely.
Sat 15/01/05 at 04:09
Regular
"8==="
Clazon wrote:
> XB2 looks messed up to me. Releasing 3 consoles? That is just making
> it patently obvious that they're trying to change console gaming into
> PC gaming. Where you can have better or worse consoles. A variety by
> the same makers. And can upgrade.

Do you have any links? That sounds like a terrible idea.

Is it just so you can get a HD and faster drive if you can afford it? Anything that unbalances Live would be unwelcome.
Sat 15/01/05 at 01:27
Regular
Zelda counts for all 5 of my recommendations as to be hones**t, it'll sh*t on all releases this year from great heights.
Sat 15/01/05 at 00:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If the next generation of consoles is rushed out in an attempt by everyone to be first, then there won't be any decent games available (it'll just be Fifa/NBA/Madden/NHL/MOH 2005.5 + some other sequels), so there'll be no point in buying one.

If the Revolution is rushed on release, and there isn't a KILLER game that everyone wants, then everyone's first impressions will be "It's just GC2 - I don't want it the PS3 is cooler". They just about managed to avoid that with the DS, luckily they had Mario 64 to fall back on, although you know if they had a proper killer title for the DS in Europe it would destroy the PSP (I'm not talking Yoshi's Story - I mean Metroid or something else that everyone raves about).

Anyway, the bottom line is, that if Mario 128 was REALLY amazing and revolutionary, it would do so much better as a launch title for the Revolution than a full stop on the GC. Either that or Nintendo need some new adult IP. The style of game isn't so important - possibly Action/Adventure, possibly a massive RPG, maybe some sort of amazing swordfighting game (no guns it's Nintendo, remember). Maybe Retro would make it, rather than EAD or NST themselves, but Nintendo won't snare the imaginations of the next generation with any of their current IPs, I'm pretty sure of that.

And talking of ensnaring the next generation, Nintendo will suffer hugeley if they go too offbeat with the ol' Revolution itself. It's fine bringing new ideas and whatnot, but if games can't be easily ported over from the XB2 and the PS3, there'll be trouble. People are stupid, in general, and the Revolution will need what those consoles have PLUS MORE to be worth buying. "Oh it won't get Fifa every year I won't buy it" is what they think. Anything that gives people a reason not to buy a Nintendo console will be enough for it to fail. This generation it's "Nintendo is kiddy", last generation it was "N64 is too expensive and not cool". Next generation it may well be "Revolution doesn't have the multiformat games". Nintendo could always try and combat this by releasing the console as a 2nd console on the cheap, but that just won't work, because most people can't justify buying 2 games consoles, because it means 2x as many games to buy and 2x as much money to spend.
Sat 15/01/05 at 00:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Gollum wrote:
>
> Viewtiful Joe 2

That's a defo in the 'not unique to Ninty' collection.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.