GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone name 5 good GC exclusives due out this year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 22:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anyone?
Mon 17/01/05 at 20:28
Regular
"0228"
killer101 wrote:
> they are releasing the likes of legend of zelda and resi evil this
> year so they wont be exactly hard to complete.well i hope not.

Resi shouldn't be easy and I think the new Zelda will be far bigger and more challenging than Wind Waker. And why do you hope that they will be easy? A challenge is a good thing.
Mon 17/01/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's still only the first month of a whole new year - I doubt even Nintendo can say which GameCube exclusives will definitley be on our shelves by 2006!

That's not to say they won't have it all planned out for America and their home country, of course.... :P
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:43
Regular
"kill my enemys"
gerrid wrote:
> Dringo since when was Pikmin complex? Bare in mind that Nintendo
> didn't make Metroid Prime themselves - I was talking about games that
> Nintendo's own 1st party R&D teams make. Paper Mario is not a
> complex game - it's very simple in execution, especially when you
> compare it to something like Morrowind or KOTOR it just has depth,
> which isn't the same as complexity.
>
> I think that simple ideas executed well which offer a lot of depth
> are the ebst types of games, and that's what Nintendo have been doing
> for years. They don't make massive stat-heavy, precise sports games,
> they used a swing bar in Mario Golf for instance. Whereas Sony and
> Microsoft seem to be pushing towards more complex consoles, games and
> interfaces, Nintendo are trying to simplifiy things down again, and I
> think they'll go too far. I think they'll forget that gamers aren't
> stupid, that they don't need to be spoonfed simple concepts, and that
> they appreciate a little complexity.

i half agree,nintendo are forgetting that gamers arent stupid and are simplifing games so far that you could complete in a couple of good gaming days.

i wouldnt agree with the fact that theyd go to far they arent that stupid.they are going in a zig-zag as paper mario 2 is not complex and quite easy then they released metroid prime 2 echoes which is more complex.

they are releasing the likes of legend of zelda and resi evil this year so they wont be exactly hard to complete.well i hope not.
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh and Hedfix, Tales is released in the UK, you don't need to import anything.
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo since when was Pikmin complex? Bare in mind that Nintendo didn't make Metroid Prime themselves - I was talking about games that Nintendo's own 1st party R&D teams make. Paper Mario is not a complex game - it's very simple in execution, especially when you compare it to something like Morrowind or KOTOR it just has depth, which isn't the same as complexity.

I think that simple ideas executed well which offer a lot of depth are the ebst types of games, and that's what Nintendo have been doing for years. They don't make massive stat-heavy, precise sports games, they used a swing bar in Mario Golf for instance. Whereas Sony and Microsoft seem to be pushing towards more complex consoles, games and interfaces, Nintendo are trying to simplifiy things down again, and I think they'll go too far. I think they'll forget that gamers aren't stupid, that they don't need to be spoonfed simple concepts, and that they appreciate a little complexity.
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:17
Regular
Alright, but bare in mind that you're not getting the full game unless you have friends with GBA's (or DS'!).
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:16
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Level up?
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:09
Regular
"8==="
woop di doo

Been there. Done that. Call me when you can level up.

Mabye I'll give it a go, I'm in a bad mood.
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:02
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Of course it won't be OOT. OOT rules. But all Zelda games have the quality we've come to expect.
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:01
Regular
"8==="
No. It won't be OOT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.