GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone name 5 good GC exclusives due out this year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 22:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anyone?
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:06
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>
> I saw that for £12 secondhand in my local Gamestation the other
> day.

Cool I was going to get it for 12 quid from canada but this is much easier. :)
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:51
Regular
Hedfix there is no need to get an NTSC 'Cube, just use a freeloader.

Skies is pretty well stocked in most shops as well!
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:01
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
>
> I realise this but I want to get SoAL aswell so I'll be getting an
> NTSC cube.
>
> Why do you need to import to get Skies of Arcadia?
>
> I saw that for £12 secondhand in my local Gamestation the other
> day.

It's in most GAME's as well...

It hasn't been in short supply for ages.
Tue 18/01/05 at 10:48
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> I realise this but I want to get SoAL aswell so I'll be getting an
> NTSC cube.

Why do you need to import to get Skies of Arcadia?

I saw that for £12 secondhand in my local Gamestation the other day.
Tue 18/01/05 at 04:24
Regular
"8==="
You know where simple games work best? ONLINE.
Tue 18/01/05 at 04:22
Regular
"8==="
gerrid wrote:
> Oh and Hedfix, Tales is released in the UK, you don't need to import
> anything.

I realise this but I want to get SoAL aswell so I'll be getting an NTSC cube.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:53
Regular
We will have to wait and see Gerrid.

Not long now.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I hope they don't go too far, and my opinion on this changes daily. Reading about Resi 4, or Wario Ware Touched or Yoshi's Touch & Go or Jungle Beat makes me remember that Nintendo rarely get it wrong gameswise.

What I'm worried about is that the revolution will limit the games rather than expand them. With any new control method it takes a time for games to reach a certain level. It happened with the SNES for the D-Pad, and obviously Nintendo think it's happened with the analog stick, so now we're getting something new (by all accounts). It will take a time for the games to reach the same level of quality that they are at now with the current state of things, and if what Nintendo create with the Revolution doesn't allow games to reach that level, then we haven't gone anywhere.

I think my problem is that I can't see what Nintendo could do. If I was good at coming up with new ideas for consoles I suppose I'd be working for Sony or Microsoft (Like Nintendo would listen to anyone from Europe), so I can't really imagine what could be so revolutionary. That's why my suggestions are touch screen/pad or camera input, neither of which are original or particularly revolutionary. Touchscreen is great for handhelds as it simplifies everything, providing the exact type of interaction that quick, pick up nd play handheld games need, but I don't think as an input it can sustain 30 hour epics that we expect from home consoles.
Mon 17/01/05 at 21:42
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Dringo since when was Pikmin complex? Bare in mind that Nintendo
> didn't make Metroid Prime themselves - I was talking about games that
> Nintendo's own 1st party R&D teams make.

What like Retro Studios made up of employee's hired by Nintendo.

I think you're wrong Gerrid, I think Nintendo won't go "too far" and I think they'll be plenty of games with a lot of depth.

Just because the DS doesn't show it doesn't mean that Nintendo games aren't like that. Nintendo only announced the new Zelda game last year...

Nintendo are trying to make games simplier to play not lose the depth.

And, in response to the whole "short and sweet" concept it appears Nintendo have dropped that idea when Iwati said that each game they develop will have a decent length in a relativly recent interview. Declaring that games like Luigi's Mansion was "too short".
Mon 17/01/05 at 20:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
fire_starter wrote:
> too complex, ie. hard.

Ahah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.