GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Chocolate give you spots??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/09/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
My sister says that it doesnt, and has no effect. But whenever i some chocolate, like an easter egg, just straight chocolate, i get spots and i dont think it's just a coinsedence because i usually dont get them otherwise.

I had a look on google, and i scanned over some sites, and its a bit 50:50.

What would you say?
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
mikelar wrote:
> stop talking about of your ass cheeks English_Bloke

Oh, I am told.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Selected"
you are wrong. very.

It's milk you baffoons.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:21
"possibly impossible"
It's not the chocolate that gives you spots, or greasy food.

Other than the usual hormonal cause, highlighted by English_bloke, the food may make you sweat more, which opens the pores in your skin. I believe (from memory) that if your pores tend to be open more then there's a greater chance of getting dirt in them which is another cause for spots.

But I could be wrong...
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
"Selected"
stop talking about of your ass cheeks English_Bloke
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Selected"
I bet your research was to drink a glass of milk and see if you get spots within ten minutes.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Spots are caused by hormones, not by greasy foods. If you eat nothing but greasy foods it will affect your skin, but it will cause a reddening and flaky skin problem.

I think the reason that people believe chocolate and crisps cause spots is because they consider them to be greasy foods. People associate skin grease with greasy foods. The foods that are more likely to cause skin problems are dairy products, and although chocolate has milk and stuff in, it is not the main cause of spots.

Hydration is important too, but to be honest, it's mainly down to your hormones. If you're going to have spots there is little to nothing you can do about it. The low power drugs are crap, and Roccutone(sp?) has harsh side effects.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
We had a topic about milk being good or not for spots a while go. And research found that it was good for spots.

I think i am allergic to something in chocolate. Makes sense.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Selected"
Milk comes from breasts
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
Milk is babies food. You shouldn't drink it after you've grown up.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It all depends on you.

I ate 2KG of chocolate in 10 days last year, I got loads of spots.

However, loads of spots for me was a couple of small whiteheads on my chin.

I don't do spots, I've only had a few 'big red' ones...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.