GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does Chocolate give you spots??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/09/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
My sister says that it doesnt, and has no effect. But whenever i some chocolate, like an easter egg, just straight chocolate, i get spots and i dont think it's just a coinsedence because i usually dont get them otherwise.

I had a look on google, and i scanned over some sites, and its a bit 50:50.

What would you say?
Wed 22/09/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Chocolate, sweets, and all that on it's own; maybe.

But, it doesn't depend on your diet as a whole, I reckon.

Spots can be triggered by a million other things - such as stress and even changes in the weather, while you're a teenager.

Eat right. Wash right. Clearasil isn't for everyone - find a soap that suits your skin, and use it with care.

I heard a while back that, in Germany, I think, they were very close to a 'major breakthrough' and some kind of surefire "cure" to `AcneŽ, as it's sometimes known.
Tue 21/09/04 at 14:31
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Eating chocolate does have an impact on the skin and the body, the chemicals in it speed up your heart rate and release endorphins and serotonin, chocolate is overall bad for you though, it conatins trace amounts of lead and the other chemiclas in it can't be used by the body so they have to be expelled and this happens through the skin, the chemicals come out as oils etc and are trapped in pores and turn into spots!
Tue 21/09/04 at 10:24
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Saggy says "eating chocolate has no effect upon the quality of the skin. Acne is caused by the exessive production of sebum, an oily substance that clogs the pores. This in turn causes acne. This excessive production is caused by the massive influx of hormones in the body, when "it" reaches puberty. The best way to prevent/treat acne is to keep the skin dry (wash your face, the face it again) and to avoid using oily products like moisturiser on it. Treatments such as Roccotane (sp?) work by drying the skin out to such an extent, a lot of people taking it suffer from "cracking" of the skin as it tightens and severly chapped lips. There are also many other possible side effects that are associated with such a treatment, that are worth taking into account".

It's was bummer reaching puberty; your voice would break and sound hideous, you were in with a good chance of getting spots (and the associated misconceptions that come with them) and you'd be sporting wood for the majority of your pubescent years, triggered by thinking of, having contact with or being in close proximity (within ten miles) of a female.

The voyage of "self discovery" made it all worthwile though...
Mon 20/09/04 at 23:16
Regular
Yes.

Although it isn't really going to do you any harm, unless you drank a gallon a day.
Mon 20/09/04 at 23:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Adults shouldnt drink milk.
Mon 20/09/04 at 23:12
Regular
Think what?
Mon 20/09/04 at 23:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You dont really think that though?

Surely?
Mon 20/09/04 at 23:06
Regular
Then you consume other foods with calcium and get plenty of vitamin D from sunlight.
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Milk is babies food. You shouldn't drink it after you've grown up.

What if i want strong bones and teef?
Mon 20/09/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Not a Jew"
English_Bloke wrote:

> And I think you are. I have been told the face steams to open and
> clean the pores is a good thing...I understand what you mean though.
> The more open pores the more room for dirt

Yeah, but that's why steam rooms are good for your skin, and then you go into the sauna or vice versa to clean out your pores. Then you take a dip in the pool to close them up again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.