GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smoke Detector"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just out of interest, do you have them in your house?

We've got one upstairs and one downstairs, just checked them there. I remember my dad set off our house alarm one night and I was dreaming about an alarm going off then woke up in a panic ready to smash my window in.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
That recent smoke alarm advert is pretty damn convincing. The one where the guy keeps forgetting things and then it cuts to a shot of his house burned down and says "don't forget to check the batteries in your smoke alarm".

Think I'll go check the batteries actually..
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
People that don't have them must be pretty stupid.

I remember our battery was low and kept going off in the middle of the night. I remember my dad going mental, fetching some ladders and a new battery (just incase there was a fire). All at 4am.

Haha, my dad is great.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The one in my grannies house always goes off when she makes toast, even when it isnt burnt. Presuming the door is open that is.
Wed 15/09/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
We've got one at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. The top one starts beeping when the batteries start to die. The bottom one works because I was cooking bacon and it went off. I do like my bacon crispy. :)
Wed 15/09/04 at 21:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
We have one on the landing and one in the hall. Thankfully they have never been tested in a real life scenario. An interesting fact, i think they use the radioactivity of Americium to detect smoke.
Wed 15/09/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just out of interest, do you have them in your house?

We've got one upstairs and one downstairs, just checked them there. I remember my dad set off our house alarm one night and I was dreaming about an alarm going off then woke up in a panic ready to smash my window in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.