GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smoke Detector"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just out of interest, do you have them in your house?

We've got one upstairs and one downstairs, just checked them there. I remember my dad set off our house alarm one night and I was dreaming about an alarm going off then woke up in a panic ready to smash my window in.
Thu 16/09/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Fake Plastic Tree"
we do have one upstairs and one in the kitchen (open plan house so any smoke downstaris would go upstairs fast) My escape plan would always be to jump out bathroom window (have en suite one to my room) since the ground slopes up so its not too muchof a drop and the housepipe is right there.

Fire at home scared me badly though, had a few bad dreams about house catching fire.

On a side note, was helping with last theatrical production at collage recently (only have a tiny theature, 79 seats) and we had hired a smoke machine, and one of the guys there decided to put out alot of smoke. ALOT. All was fun and we had some great effects (this was in the day when we were setting up) and the lighting looked amazing, then the fire alarm went off. Thought it might just be a random burst of it that happens every so often but no, on opening the fire escape the entire collage is emptying. I ran down and told the security guard it was smoke machine and not a fire and she said "b*gger" and ran off. Firebrigade arrived a few mins later and eventually we were allowed back in. Ooops.
Thu 16/09/04 at 09:28
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Got the smoke detectors, ours are a pain in the bum-hole though, you would only have to fart near them and they would go off, the real beatch of it all is the fact that thye are battery operated and mains power back-upped! So when we take out the batteries they go off for about a second then they start again! It drives my dog bloody insane! he runs around the house barking and jumping at them!
Thu 16/09/04 at 09:16
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I was thinking about the alarms last night when watching Steel river blues, i think i will check them both today, well when i find something to reach the button.
Thu 16/09/04 at 08:37
Regular
Aoe wrote:
> Well... I wasn't expecting that.
>
> *wipes snot off monitor*

You have snot on your monitor? :cX
Thu 16/09/04 at 08:19
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Lawrence wrote:
> sciling

Thu 16/09/04 at 08:14
Regular
"\\"
DW wrote:
> The smoke alarm always goes off when my mum is preparing salad. She's
> not very good in the kitchen. ;c)

Well... I wasn't expecting that.

*wipes snot off monitor*
Thu 16/09/04 at 07:56
Regular
I assume you was watching Steel River Blues when you made this topic?

Very good, last night.

The smoke alarm always goes off when my mum is preparing salad. She's not very good in the kitchen. ;c)
Thu 16/09/04 at 07:08
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Tis spelt ceiling.
Thu 16/09/04 at 00:55
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
The smoke alarm down stairs....

*looks*

..isn't actually on the sciling (how DO you spell that word???) it was the other day, it goes off when cooking anything. When it does we just get a newspaper or a cloth and wave it over the alarm til it stops!

We have one up stairs and one in each bedroom..like my parents think we going to smoke up there!!
Thu 16/09/04 at 00:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
cookie monster wrote:
> I dunno, a fire in the fuse box isnt that far-fetched.

You'd have to upset your family pretty badly to make them light one there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.