GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you have an imported PSP?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 19:47
"High polygon count"
Well, do you?

What exactly is in the box? I know it may or may not be slightly different for the UK release, but I'm interested to know.

I'm on the verge of pre-ordering one from Amazon... the only thing holding me back at the moment is the possibility of better packages from elsewhere.

I just wish Sony would hurry up and make an official announcement so that everyone could get their deals together!
Thu 20/01/05 at 03:21
Regular
"Bicycle"
Heh, thwarted...
Thu 20/01/05 at 17:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
According to everyone who has one, the Value Pack is utter tosh. The components are tacky and badly made, the 32Mb stick is hardly enough for any MP3 playback and the headphones are attrocious. The only reason to buy one is because the headphones are the only ones with a remote, meaning you won't have to take your PSP out of your pocket everytime you change track (if you're ever going to use it for MP3s. I'd suggest buying a standalone MP3 player for the same price as a memory stick as it will serve you better.).

There, just warning you not to buy the Value Pack.
Fri 21/01/05 at 09:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
gerrid wrote:
> According to everyone who has one, the Value Pack is utter tosh.

You mean according to nobody who has one..

What ARE you on about - for starters the headphones are top quality and many people say they haven't even used the external speakers sicne they got it (due to headphone sound being infinitely superior)
Fri 21/01/05 at 10:00
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
[URL]http://psp.ign.com/articles/572/572566p1.html[/URL]
Fri 21/01/05 at 10:39
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> What ARE you on about - for starters the headphones are top quality
> and many people say they haven't even used the external speakers
> sicne they got it (due to headphone sound being infinitely superior)

I think you've had a dream, woken up, and thought it was real.
Fri 21/01/05 at 11:03
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
That IGN thing is a joke.. just look at their bit on the memory stick.. 'it's too small for MP3s! It's too small for videos! Photos will fill it up quickly! Oh but it'll last you ages for game saves'

Well DUUUHH that's the point of including it you mongs... So when you get a brand new PSP you're not then unable to save any of your games... I think if they included a 1GB card the term 'value' pack would start to look a little misleading. (I think they've made the mistake many have in thinking that the PSP only has a secondary function of playing games)
Fri 21/01/05 at 13:21
Regular
"Two year break!"
That's definitely part of the problem the PSP will have. People will see that it CAN play movies and mp3's and start to focus on that more than the fact that it's supposed to be a games machine which is also capable of doing those things.

I can see that Sony would see it as a win/win situation though - as if it has two parts that makes it a success. And if it's not a success as a games console it can still be a decent handheld media device (which I agree it is).
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:16
"High polygon count"
A warning for you owners, if you haven't already seen it...

[URL]http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3563&likref=alert450[/URL]

But it seems like PSP is going places.
Fri 21/01/05 at 14:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It certainly is now. That leak has probably inspired a whole generation of homebrew developers, who can now see how to run executable software on the PSP. Emulators, here we come!
Fri 21/01/05 at 20:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Darwock wrote:
> That IGN thing is a joke.. just look at their bit on the memory
> stick.. 'it's too small for MP3s! It's too small for videos! Photos
> will fill it up quickly! Oh but it'll last you ages for game saves'

Come on! They say the headphones are bad quality and so do a lot of reviews. Having a 32MB card is useless! It basically means that you can't use either the Movie function or the MP3 function, both of which you have PAID for! The whole point is that the stuff in the value pack is useless! You'd be better off buying the things that you actually want separately.

Don't even get me started on the fact that you need a memory card for a handheld console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.