GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you have an imported PSP?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/01/05 at 19:47
"High polygon count"
Well, do you?

What exactly is in the box? I know it may or may not be slightly different for the UK release, but I'm interested to know.

I'm on the verge of pre-ordering one from Amazon... the only thing holding me back at the moment is the possibility of better packages from elsewhere.

I just wish Sony would hurry up and make an official announcement so that everyone could get their deals together!
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:47
"High polygon count"
Well, do you?

What exactly is in the box? I know it may or may not be slightly different for the UK release, but I'm interested to know.

I'm on the verge of pre-ordering one from Amazon... the only thing holding me back at the moment is the possibility of better packages from elsewhere.

I just wish Sony would hurry up and make an official announcement so that everyone could get their deals together!
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:58
"period drama"
Is it out in America yet?
No, don't worry, I'm just making conversation.
Wed 19/01/05 at 09:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I think there supposed to throw in a pair of headphones, a carry case and some other bits and bobs for another £50.
Wed 19/01/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Two year break!"
Yes, the basic pack includes the console, power adaptor, battery pack.

The 'value' pack (which is what most people seem to be getting) also includes a 32mb Duo Memory Stick, PSP headphones with in-line remote control, soft case and hand-strap.

Worth the extra money for some, for others it may be more sensible to get a 512mb card, a case of their own choice and some top headphones. Although I suspect that the case (and possibly headphones) will be of a good quality anyway.
Wed 19/01/05 at 17:23
"High polygon count"
Thanks for that, Mr. Coates - very useful info.

I think I'll wait and see what packs are made available in the UK. The Amazon pre-order is just for a PSP - it makes no mention of any extras etc., so there's no way of telling if its the basic pack or something like the Value Pack.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:42
Regular
BTW, the case only holds the PSP, not the headphones, games or anything else.
Wed 19/01/05 at 19:44
Regular
"8==="
No. I loathe handheld gaming. It's, uh, crap.

Mabye when it gets Goldeneye....

....OH HANG ON! :D
Wed 19/01/05 at 21:20
"High polygon count"
ASH_90 wrote:
> BTW, the case only holds the PSP, not the headphones, games or
> anything else.

That's fine. Headphones I can put in my pocket.
Wed 19/01/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
But would'nt you rather they made a case that holds a few games?
Wed 19/01/05 at 21:28
"High polygon count"
Nope. As long as the case protects the machine and still slips into a pocket, that's all I want. A case that holds games would be too bulky. I can keep the games in another pocket if necessary, but chances are I'll only have the game I'm playing, and that will be in the machine!

I'm sure someone else will make a case that holds games, if anyone wants that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.