GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ditch the Gamecube Nintendo (43% drop in profit)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/01/05 at 10:50
Regular
"Nintendo who!"
I know some of you will point out the fact that, in spite of the loss compared to last year's earnings, Nintendo has still accrued a profit to the tune of $600,000,000. While that is a large sum of money it needs to be realized that the amount of that profit is not too far from being HALF of their previous year's profits. That means that Nintendo has that much money LESS to put into things like research and development for things like new games and new systems. Also, game companies are less likely to put their time and money into a company that posts losses as massive as 43%. If this trend continues, it could have some nasty repercussions. People could lose their jobs (I feel sure some heads have already rolled after the news of a profit loss this significant), for one thing. And companies will not want to invest in another company that will not post a meaningful profit for their efforts. So yeah, Nintendo still posted a profit. But when that profit is in the shadow of a previous year that was 43% HIGHER, then the 'profit' tends to lose significance. Just some things to consider.

The Gamecube is costing Nintendo big and sagging sales are a large part of their problem, ditch the deadwood before it's to late.
Page:
Wed 16/02/05 at 22:08
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
But the revolution will run Windows XPX3000...
Wed 16/02/05 at 17:37
Regular
"-_-"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Dear ukchatforums users currently posting in this foum (132) thread
> number 118120,
>
> No-one cares.
> Four-fiths of my body, mind and soul slipped into a coma upon
> clicking into this thread. It has taken 5 days, several million volts
>
> Please use it to vent this pointless, endless, mindless, interestless
> drivel. Or, if you wish, place you ugly fase in a barrel of rabid
> gibbons armed with potato peelers and meat hooks.
>
> ThankyoueversomuchforyourIMMEDIATEcooperation,
> Yours, slowly slipping back into sleepy town,
>
> Micky "The Finger" Bishop, mk II

FFF for notable!
Wed 16/02/05 at 15:11
Regular
"8==="
NINE-TEN-ELEVEN...

**** !

I got lost. :S
Wed 16/02/05 at 15:10
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> This one has gone on rather well, even with my input!
>
> I thought Win3.x was 16bit, while one of the major factors of Win95
> onwards was the 32bit.

Er didn't you just listen to what he just said?

Lets say it together.

NIN-TEN-DO FOR-UM

The last bit is a bit tricky.
Wed 16/02/05 at 14:48
Regular
"and PC user"
This one has gone on rather well, even without my input!

I thought Win3.x was 16bit, while one of the major factors of Win95 onwards was the 32bit.
Wed 16/02/05 at 14:46
Regular
"and PC user"
This one has gone on rather well, even with my input!

I thought Win3.x was 16bit, while one of the major factors of Win95 onwards was the 32bit.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"8==="
Well at least YOU'RE in a 'stable condition'.

Unlike windows. :D
Tue 15/02/05 at 21:55
"period drama"
Dear ukchatforums users currently posting in this foum (132) thread number 118120,

No-one cares.
Four-fiths of my body, mind and soul slipped into a coma upon clicking into this thread. It has taken 5 days, several million volts and a complex arrangement of levers and pulleys to enable me to write the message. As such, I would request you all to SHUT UP and LISTEN GOOD.

This is a) a reasonably interesting place, and b) a Nintendo forum. As such (again) all this windows tedium is not required. I know, and partially admire, your tactics to fight fire with fire or, in this case, troll with troll. But, no, shut up.

We do have a windows forum right here! On this very site! Which, gladly, I never intend to enter.

Please use it to vent this pointless, endless, mindless, interestless drivel. Or, if you wish, place you ugly fase in a barrel of rabid gibbons armed with potato peelers and meat hooks.

ThankyoueversomuchforyourIMMEDIATEcooperation,
Yours, slowly slipping back into sleepy town,

Micky "The Finger" Bishop, mk II
Tue 15/02/05 at 21:34
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> and rock solid stability...

Windows? Stable? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I mean er, this is a Nintendo forum kids, lets keep it that way.
Tue 15/02/05 at 21:00
Regular
"8==="
Christian Networking.

[URL]http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/xncom.htm[/URL]

Case closed.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.