GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anti Virus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/08/04 at 20:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
Basically I need a good antivirus programme and I am willing to pay for one.

Basically tell me what the best antivirus out there is, reguardless of the cost.

I need it to be availible to install on two routed computers without having to pay for two copies (I think thats extortionate)

So throw some suggestions my way people please.

Thanks a lot.
Sun 12/09/04 at 13:27
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've got one.

I'd post it but it wont arrive anytime soon.
Sun 12/09/04 at 12:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That was lucky, I've ust noticed that SR are giving McAfee Virus scan 8.0 away free when you renew your membership or trade in 5 reddies...

I might get changed and go for a drive down there in a minute, shame I've only got 4 reddies at the moment, I'll have to try and find one...
Sun 12/09/04 at 09:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
phi11ip wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
> I got Panda antivirus, it seems OK.
>
> I've got to renew it however, so I'm not sure about what to do...
>
> Hmmmmmm.
>
> I upgraded to Panda 2004 and it's b*ggered everything up. I can't put
> my laptop into hibernate now as it will never recover.
>
> I'm gonna uninstall it and see if that makes a difference, if it
> doesn't, then I'm stuffed...

The trial version (which I assume was a 2003 skeleton with updates) worked perfectly for me, however when I bought the 2004 version it began anally fornicating itself and I had to do a system restore.
Sun 12/09/04 at 09:14
Regular
Tyla wrote:
> WIll be removing NIS2004 too later as have discovered a HUUUUGGEEE
> bug in it's advertising blocker. Will explain more about this at
> somepoint as it's a bit of a long one, but for anyone involved in
> creating websites, it's quite important.

I guess you probably mean the issue were NIS removes ads from your site so visitors don't get to see them (and don't know they've been removed)! Not very friendly. I had a community site with a page of ads for local businesses - I found out that NIS was replacing the banner ads with their own code which just left white space on the site. Once you know what NIS is doing it's easily got round by renaming directories. All the same it stinks...
Sun 12/09/04 at 01:03
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I found a new toy yesterday:

Prevx Intrusion detection. Came as a freebie with .NET this month and listens out for the stuff all the others ignore. The home edition is available free from:

https://www.prevx.com/

WIll be removing NIS2004 too later as have discovered a HUUUUGGEEE bug in it's advertising blocker. Will explain more about this at somepoint as it's a bit of a long one, but for anyone involved in creating websites, it's quite important.
Sat 11/09/04 at 20:40
Regular
"NULL"
I've not bothered installing Norton 2004 this time - in fact I've not bothered with an AV. I just exercise a bit more caution and run the online virus scanner at http://housecall.trendmicro.com every few days. It's worked so far. I've got Ad-Aware Personal (free) and ZoneAlarm running as well.
Sat 11/09/04 at 19:20
Regular
For what it's worth I'm not happy with McAfee - Send two email with the same subject and it goes into panic mode and tells you you have a trojan on your PC !?!

I've used Norton for years on 4 PC's but just given up on them as they messed up the last renewal!

I'm now using AVG (Free edition) which I know isn't perfect - BUT none of the others are either..
Sat 11/09/04 at 18:03
Regular
Uh yes, I know... it was a joke.
Sat 11/09/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm not directly advertising them, I'm just stating that for an 'inferior product' they're charging more.
Sat 11/09/04 at 17:49
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> I thought the point of offering download only software was that it's
> cheaper because of the need for no packaging, postage etc...
> It's funny that Amazon are offering the boxed version of McAfee
> VirusScan 8 for cheaper than SRs download only price...

SR - DELETE THIS, he's taking away YOUR money!!!!

> 24) Ikarus - Crashed on first virus. - 0%
>

How funny that the worst one by far should be under my name. The world is against me, I tells ya!!!!

Where did you get the list from?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.