GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RADIOHEAD!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 18:24
Regular
One of the best bands in the world! I would like to hear your views on them please!
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:13
yes but then discussion forums would be quite boring, if there weren't differences of opinion put against each other.

wouldn't they?
Tue 12/06/01 at 16:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nobody is saying "They are crap!" or "No they're not!"

What (personally) I'm saying is "I dont like some of their new stuff".
And that's my opinion and everyone has to respect that.
Just as I respect anyone that likes anything else.

And you know why?

Because it's none of my business what someone else likes.

We are sentient beings, capable of free thinking and making our own choices and decisions.
Hence, a band I love, someone else will hate.
Both views are right and both views are wrong.

It doesnt matter if I like radiohead and you dont.
Just as it doesnt matter if I like potato mash and you dont.
Just let it go, figure out what you like and let me get on with what I like.

I think this world would be a more relaxed and pleasent place if we all just sat back and said
"You know what? It's none of my business what you read or see or think or hear"

(And this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, just "you" as in the general sense of the word)
Tue 12/06/01 at 15:52
And I will defend them to the hilt!
Tue 12/06/01 at 15:51
I just don't agree. I know they have obscured melody to the point of legibility, and I know that Thom has written Kid A and Amnesiac with no emotion in mind (I consider music written from the emotion probably the most powerful).

BUT

I can't help but love the new material. I can honestly say that I adore each song off both albums. I consider myself an old-school radiohead fan, and I love it all. 'You and Whose Army', 'life in a Glass House'both uplift me immensely when they reach the peak of the song.

I feel they complete my spectrum of musciall interests providing a nice contrast to bands like S.F.A.
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah.

I used to defend them to the hilt.
And I think OK Computer is an astonishing album, one that will define an era of yuppies, the net, instant coffee and instand thrills.

But I think they went a little too far in trying to push their boundaries.
They forgot the most important thing:

Music.

I think they'll realise they're so far up their own @ss you cant see them anymore and rediscover what it's like to stand in front of a crowd of people and have them sing along with you.
It's the greatest feeling in the world.
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:38
Regular
"not dead"
The Bends is awesome. No doubt about it.

OK Computer was good, I loved it at the time, but can't listen to it now.

Pablo Honey had Creep on it.

They just don't mean anything to me anymore though.

I heard something from Kid A on the radio, and switched it off. It wasn't an album that I even considered buying.

I heard Pyramind Song, and thought that it was lifeless. I'll just remember the times that they rocked and forget this era.

I have no interest in them anymore.
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like

Pakt like Sardines
I might be wrong
Hunting Bears

The rest are pretty much background noise
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:24
Having just wasted £15 on the new new Radiohead CD, I am VERY dissapointed. I have previously liked to call my myself a "Radiohead Fan" and have enjoyed many years listoning to musical masterpieces with lyrics which can could compete against any classic or modern Poetry.
With Pablo Honey - I felt entertained and saw potential, with The Bends - What can I say Its jist the best Albem EVER
OK Computer - I felt they were loosing direction but Lucky Kept me intrested in the Albem. Kid A - By now I feel they have lost the Plot. This brings me to Amnesiac - This is albem is not just a loss in direction but a shear pile of something you wouldn't like to stand in, Not even the haunting melody of "Pyramid Song" can save this albem or even Radiohead?
All i can think of now is this quote, (That the band should think about)
"where do we go from here? the words are coming out all weird" Raidiohead The Bends
Mon 11/06/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Good Call Mr Neil i agree
Sun 10/06/01 at 13:39
See I just don't agree with you.

Not diverse enough??? They have gone from young rock band with initial songs like 'You' and 'Anyone can play guitar', to awe inspiring 'Idioteque' and 'Packt like Sardines'. What is wrong with you man?? I know you can voice your opinion, and do so, but why do you say it is too simple to classify their music in one word???
That sounds like a good thing, because they have done so much diverse material.

For Radiohead to stay in the zone of The Bends would have bored us all, they had to move on and we could all see this was the way they were heading.

Queen WERE a good group, but times change and move on from the past, and look towards the future of music. Radiohead are producing very original material, and to say that Thom's ego overcomes him is a contradiction in terms. The man is the most unconfident being to ever be in a band. Read some of the articles, they will show you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.