GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RADIOHEAD!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 18:24
Regular
One of the best bands in the world! I would like to hear your views on them please!
Sun 25/11/01 at 20:16
My favourite songs got to be Let Down. Kind of a contradiction, but it's actually really uplifting!
Muse are good, too - Plug In Baby kicks ass!
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yep Radiohead are great

YAS
Tue 17/07/01 at 18:11
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I have only just really started to listen to Radiohead stuff.

As soon as Oasis released Standing On the Shoulder of Giants (Bad Album)... My music taste leaned, shall we say, more to 60's and General Rock, and I strayed away from the whole Indie scene.

However, after little persuasion from Grix (and Sheepy), I tuned into Radiohead's Oxford(?) concert aired over the net by XFM (London Satation) As I hadn't heard them before... well, any of their post-Pablo Honey stuff

I only caught the last few songs, and had apparantly missed "The New Bohemian Rhapsody" FKA Paranoid Android. This I had to hear, so it was down to the HMV sale where I ordered OK Computer. In the stereo it went as I went through the album.

And to be honest, Paranoid Android is a very impressive song. It doesn't quite see through all genres like Bohemian Rhapsody did, but the key, time and tempo changes add a lot of volume to the song.

I like the softer chanty'ish bit, very good... Thom orke is one amazing vocalist, he may be the Peter Beardsley of the Music scene, but there's no denying his talent!

I like the song, but in general I don't think it's as good as Bones or Karma Police! I'll pick up the other albums over time, but my first impressions were good.

Being a christian, I am a little wary of secular music but Radiohead, despite the rumoured, 'hidden lyrics' are very good, as a pleasure to listen to!

Game
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
mr neil wrote:

I love it, but many don't.

Same Mr.Neil. :D
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:13
Possibly not.

It's less Rocky and more thought provoking.

I love it, but many don't.
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:12
Regular
I don't like any of Raioheads stuff from Ok Computer or Kid A. I do like both of the Muse albums.

Do you think it's likely that I will enjoy Amnesiac?
Tue 17/07/01 at 16:09
Sheepy, then don't listen to Amnesiac on a lovely Sunny day.

Heh, I agree though, the live set they played at South Park Oxford was truly awe inspiring.
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Origin of Symmetry will still kick it's backside though.

Got it...

Damn good albumn

New Born is best, very early Radiohead in their first albumn but this is different. You can't really compare it to 'Amnesiac' totally different kinds of albumn!
Tue 17/07/01 at 13:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:
> Today I like "Amnesiac"

Having listened to it a few
> times now, there are times when it is a good album, and times when
> it's so far up it's own behind as to be embarassing.

The first
> track is excellent, I love I Might Be Wrong and Hunting Bears,
> Knives Out is growing and Life in a Glass House is getting in my
> head as well.

I still think there are a few tracks that are
> unlistenable, but that's just my opinion

POP and ah ha Goatboy turns...

Great albumn though if you have seen all the tracks live they are much, much better. Especially 'I might be wrong', 'Dollars and Cents' and 'Life in a Glass House'. Actually whole album is better live.

'Amnesiac' however sounds horrible when you are in the sunshine on holiday, does not sound right. 'the bends' is the best for that.
Wed 20/06/01 at 17:52
That's it "She Says" Exelent Song

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.