GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Def jam : Fight for NY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Def Jam: Fight for NY'.
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:18
Regular
Picked this up the other day for £15.

Tis really excellent. Wasn't sure if I'd like the series now that they've taken it away from WWF No mercy style fighting but I gotta say they've done a really good job.

It's got all the fight options that the first game was missing and then some. Tis excellent smashing your rivals into speakers, especially when that rival is that tw@t Sean Paul.

Anyway, really good game that I definetly recommend.

"I iz off to buy me guy nuff bling bling and bone Carman Electra in ma souped up Beamer, props to all da real G's out dere, holla!"

*ahem*
Mon 31/01/05 at 18:35
Regular
"8==="
I did easy because I didn't want to lose more than 2 matches in a row and I wanted to learn the controls as I played and then go back and do it on Normal and then hard.

It's a challenge on easy so I thought I'd start there and the game would last longer as I would then have another 2 settings to go.

I went for Streetfighter and then I learned submissions too which allows me to do the old 'throw em into the ropes then out into a headlock' move from No Mercy.

Just finished the fight at the train station.
Mon 31/01/05 at 18:23
Regular
Why did you do EASY?

Anyway I completed it on Saturday and the ending is pretty cool.

*SPOILER*

You've probably already guessed that you have to fight Snoop Dogg eventually and you do, I beat him after about 4 goes, hes really fast and everytime you do a punch or kick combo he always manages to block it or counter attack! The way I won was by repeatedly smashing him into the windo until he fell out and down to the ground which is what he kept doing to me.

Very good game and for £15 it's definately worth getting. I managed to get it when Gameplay were doing the 2 EA games for £30 deal.
Mon 31/01/05 at 18:16
Regular
"8==="
28% through on EASY in 2 and a half hours.

I'm knackered.

I think if I'd started it on normal I'd have destroyed something.
Mon 31/01/05 at 11:06
Regular
"8==="
When I said the 'earlier one' I meant the first game.

The 3 on 1 match was a pain in the ass.
Mon 31/01/05 at 11:06
Regular
Yeah, it annoyed me when the CPU would repeatedly grab you as soon as you get up, giving you virtually balls-all chance of defending/retaliating.

I don't think I ever got past the 3rd opponent. Might have to go back to it one day.
Mon 31/01/05 at 11:01
Regular
You sure it wasn't a free for all match?

Don't think there's any 3 on 1 matches in the game as far as I know.

I found the first fights really annoying and hella difficult. But that was mainly due to me choosing kickboxing as my main fighting style and then trying to use grappling moves on people, once I realised that I was best using kicks and punches it all came into place.

Was very annoying though, I got so stressed because everyone was using grappling moves on me and I couldn't pull them off.

Once you have 2 or 3 fighting styles though it's all good.
Mon 31/01/05 at 10:47
Regular
"8==="
Yes I found the earlier one could be very frustrating (the 3 on 1 match ARGH!!!!!!!) but my skills from No Mercy saw me through.
Mon 31/01/05 at 10:15
Regular
I have this game, but the disc is scratched.

It's scratched because I sucked muchly at the game and got into an anger-fit, launching my controller at the Xbox, buggering the DVD Drive up.

I don't do that anymore. I probably still suck at DJ:FfNY though...
Mon 31/01/05 at 10:11
Regular
That's the only slight problem with the single player, though there are a couple of occasions where if you loose then the story still continues.

Oh and another problem is for some reason DMX isn't in there this year, was looking forward to fighting him. Oh and there was a few artists Iwould have liked to see in there simply because I'd love to put a boot in their annoying faces.

Still, a superb game that I will play through multiple times anyway.
Mon 31/01/05 at 06:58
Regular
"8==="
Apparently WM21's going to have a linear 'you must win' stroy mode like Def Jam NY.

Shame as I like story modes with a few paths based on winning and losing (like No Mercy).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.