GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Def jam : Fight for NY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Def Jam: Fight for NY'.
Fri 28/01/05 at 15:18
Regular
Picked this up the other day for £15.

Tis really excellent. Wasn't sure if I'd like the series now that they've taken it away from WWF No mercy style fighting but I gotta say they've done a really good job.

It's got all the fight options that the first game was missing and then some. Tis excellent smashing your rivals into speakers, especially when that rival is that tw@t Sean Paul.

Anyway, really good game that I definetly recommend.

"I iz off to buy me guy nuff bling bling and bone Carman Electra in ma souped up Beamer, props to all da real G's out dere, holla!"

*ahem*
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:42
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I do that, it quite difficult as the game expects you to go for a lot of grapples and blocks a hell of a lot of blows. I try to mix up the punches and kicks but at the moment it comes down to throwing them into the crowd/obstacles to make much of a dent at all.

Mabye it's also because my fighter's very light?
Sat 05/02/05 at 18:14
Regular
Yeah I had a bit of trouble with my first character because I went for kickboxing.

Best thing to do is lay into your opponent with a load punching combos and very rarely go for any grapples, other than to push them into the crowd.
Sat 05/02/05 at 17:50
Regular
"8==="
It's because I'm playing a kickboxer and the engine's centred around grappling.
Sat 05/02/05 at 17:47
Regular
Really?

I just went through medium again and lost about 10 fights in all. For me it's mainly easy up until the end fights, though occasionally the computer comes back and you can barely do a thing to stop him.

I have to admit though when I started my first game I had my ass handed to me a lot and it was damn frustrating.
Sat 05/02/05 at 17:37
Regular
"8==="
I know what Bullet was saying now.

I started it again on easy with a kickboxer. It's ridiculously hard! I think I won my first fight after about 12 goes and even after getting my health up to nearly 2 bars on the urgrades I'm still getting my ass handed to me over and over again.

Not very balanced at all.
Wed 02/02/05 at 18:09
Regular
I've started a new game on medium and so far I'm undefeated after about 15 fights.

My new dude's a fat fook, I'm looking to buying one of the finishing moves that involves sitting on your opponent. Should look excellent with a ten ton fat dude executing it.
Wed 02/02/05 at 16:04
Regular
"8==="
100%. It got easier once I had 3 fighting styles.

Think I have some bonus fights to do.
Tue 01/02/05 at 18:50
Regular
"8==="
68% through.

3 disciplines learned now Street Fighter, Submission and Wrestling, absolutely quality. Just finished a tournament where you fight in a UFC-style caged octagon. All three disciplnies came togeather to smash the opposition (apart form Ice-T who took 3 goes to take down).

At some point I beat some fool in 40 seconds -that was GREAT. Another guy only managed to get one hit through my blocks before I pasted him all over the arena for a thrilling victry - most fights are much more of a tug of war than these though.

Have got used to the wall, crowd and weapons tactics and remember how useful the roll move was in No Mercy to get away from some of the 60% reversal-blockers in that game - the tactic comes in very useful in this game too.

I've never been so aggressive with a game before, it seems designed for an angry struggle against your opponents. All the while it really fun, I find that I'm shouting at the b***ards quite a bit but the overlying fun of smashing them up and the excellent spectacle of the fights definately wins through, so despite making the blood simmer quite a lot I haven't exactly lost my temper with it instead I've sort of yelled abuse at some guy then proceeded to laugh as I repeatedly mashed his face into a wire-mesh wall.
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:08
Regular
Dammit I want it now. I must go to cambridge and see the prices :)
Mon 31/01/05 at 23:49
Regular
"I'm Great."
This discussion had renewed my interest in the game. I too may pick it up for the price that some are claiming it to be. In fact I shall go forth and look for it now via internet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.