GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another trophy for Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/08/04 at 17:58
"High polygon count"
I posted about this at the end of last season, but just as a reminder...

[URL]http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?article=221065&lid=NewsHeadline&sub=Arsenal+to+receive+special+trophy&navlid=&sublid=&Title=Arsenal+to+receive+special+trophy[/URL]

For once I'll be watching the hour of Sky's coverage before the game tomorrow.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> How many of your youngsters have done that? :-D
>
> Only because none have played against him! :-)

Would have thought one of them would have done it in the Champs League......oops never mind :-D

> I'm sure Fabregas could, though!

He does look very good, got him in my Champ team actually as well.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:55
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> How many of your youngsters have done that? :-D

Only because none have played against him! :-)

I'm sure Fabregas could, though!
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> But I can understand it if some did boo. He may have decided to
> stay, but he is going to have to prove to the fans once again that
> his heart is at Arsenal.

Like he does every single year it seems
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:51
"High polygon count"
Don or†ega wrote:
> They are supposed to be a boring team with a great defence, yet they
> have been inlvolved in only two games resulting in 12 goals!

One thing I've never thought about Boro is that they're boring! They did really well today. At 1-0 Arsenal - as they sometimes tend to do - switched off, almost as if they were finding it too easy. Boro took advantage of that, and to be perfectly honest I saw our hopes of beating that record disappearing fast. I really didn't think we'd get back into it.

> Just heard some people on the radio saying Vieira was booed by some
> arsenal fans when he came on for the presentation. I made sure i
> didnt watch that...so did anyone notice it?

Can't say I did, to be honest. I did hear a few choruses of the Vieira song through the game, though.

But I can understand it if some did boo. He may have decided to stay, but he is going to have to prove to the fans once again that his heart is at Arsenal.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:51
Regular
I amazingly felt calm when we were 1-3 down slightly shocked of course though, I always knew we would eventually lose a game but to come back from that. :D
Cygan was alright actually apart from the 2nd goal where it seemed he got distracted by Cole who should of headed it out in the first place.

Of course we miss Sol but hopefully with more games our defence will be harder to break down eventually (I'm still a bit skeptical about Laurens defending at times so hopefully Trabelsi will join us or something).
Hopefully at some point Senderos will get a chance alongside Toure or Sol when he gets back cos it would be great to see another fantastic young talent in our team doing some good, cos once again Cesc was fanatastic but of course we miss Vieira one way or another.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> All depends on how long you have to stick with the youngsters, to be
> honest.
>
> If you get your full senior squad back and stay injury-free, you'll
> be up there.
>
> But to be honest, most of your youngsters simply aren't up to the
> job, in my humble opinion. At least not from what I've seen so far.

Part of the trouble i think is that everyone compares them to the Fergie Fledglings of the 90's. When you compare the young lads to Scholesy, Giggs, The Nevilles, Butt and Beckham then indeed they'll look inferior. Also the board flogging some our best ones doesn't help. Danny Webber looked very promising in the games i saw him in but the board got rid of him. However Richardson and Eagles are looking quite decent at the moment. Fletcher however is a waste of bloody space, he passes to the opposition more than Sally Gunnell ever did. Pique is meant to be very good and i want to see the Parma lad i think it is that we got as well, Rossi.

John O'Shea though has been great, granted not the best of seasons last time but he is coming along very well and even if he retires tomorrow will always be a legend for megging Figo. How many of your youngsters have done that? :-D
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:46
Regular
Boro really do miss Ehiogu and southgate.

They are supposed to be a boring team with a great defence, yet they have been inlvolved in only two games resulting in 12 goals!

Just heard some people on the radio saying Vieira was booed by some arsenal fans when he came on for the presentation. I made sure i didnt watch that...so did anyone notice it?
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:45
"High polygon count"
All depends on how long you have to stick with the youngsters, to be honest.

If you get your full senior squad back and stay injury-free, you'll be up there.

But to be honest, most of your youngsters simply aren't up to the job, in my humble opinion. At least not from what I've seen so far.

If you are forced to stick with them, I reckon a top-half finish at best.

Putting my amusement and bias as a Gooner aside, I am honestly surprised - no, shocked - at the (apparent) lack of quality in the United youngsters.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Glad you do because i don't :-D
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:32
"High polygon count"
lalakersrule wrote:
> i'm not one of these who spend more time wishing other teams lose then
> they do actually supporting their own team.

And there's enough of them about!

> When we get to about 35 games in the season though things
> may be different :-D

Assuming you're still in with a shout! ;-p

I reckon you will be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.