GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Notables be Sacked?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/08/04 at 15:40
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This is the question. How long should a notable stay a notable if they no longer post on the forums?

1 Year
2 Years
3 Years
or Forever
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:30
Regular
I think the whole Notable thing is a bad idea anyway, it's mainly a popularity contest and usually has nothing to do with the quality of their posts.

What does Special Reserve get out of making people Notables? What are the positive things that they get back in return? Would Meka Dragon and others still post creative threads if they werent Notables? Isnt that the whole point in offering GAD? For interesting, creative and original topics for others on the forum to read.

Now what about the negative things that come about because of the Notable status and Notable elections? One example was the reaction Mr Snuggly got in his Notable win. That ticked off a few people but rightly he didnt care and he obviously offers something to these forums despite not being an employee (cant remember if he's done there now or not)

Only a few out of the many Notables still post frequently and this whole thing about quality over quantity, okay that can be said for one or two but still I am seeing a lot of pointless threads and topics by many who rarely post.

If you must have a popularity contest atleast make it a secret ballot so they cant be fixed so easily and only make the status temporary. You don't want to have 50 Notables in a couple of years seeing as these forums only attract 200+ people,rather than 3000+ like Digital Spy who touch a lot of topics we discuss here but they have a far better forum. Hmm I wonder if 3000+ frequent forum users at any one time would bring more money to SR? Perhaps not, seriously you marketing boys should do a lot more research than working on some ad filled magazine that takes seconds to flick through yet entire weeks to make despite looking very much like the last issue.

So yeah, no more notables status, most of those who are, are excellent people who I am really like, though I sure to them it wouldnt matter if they were a notable or not they'll still come, they'll still post nothing will change.
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Tony voted for Ant instead of me in the first election.
>
> I'll never live it down

Har!

{:)
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Vampyr wrote:
> i like my idea. as it incorporates several ideas, and betters them. so
> everybody is happy.
>
> *cough*

Its too much hassle over a simple internet forum.
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
*shocked*
Fri 20/08/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i like my idea. as it incorporates several ideas, and betters them. so everybody is happy.

*cough*
Fri 20/08/04 at 15:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I dont have anything against notables and there obviousley there for a reason. Just think about how long you are going to have these NOTABLE ELECTIONS for. Then think if you always getting a notable then half the members will turn notable.

I still think. Everytime you have a WINNING NOTABLE you should VOTE for 1 NOTABLE you want to go.

For EXAMPLE.

I VOTE BULLETT NOTABLE
I VOTE SHEEPY REGULAR

I really dont think been a notable for along amount of time, i think long enough till the next election is maybe good enough. I mean there no better then anyone else really they dont have the upmost priority on the board. They just change the colour of there name, they stand out for while, ok they stop posting for whatever length of time i honestly dont think that is a valid enough reason to get rid of them as a notable. We must put in to consideration that we all (well a majority of us do have a life beyond SR)

I dont think that a Notable would really get the Hump if they would no longer be notable and to go back been a regualr. (Would they?)
Fri 20/08/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i reckon they should be sent an email after 300days saying that they have to reply to the email saying whether they will be posting anymore. If they reply saying they will, and then do then that is good.

However, if they a) dont reply within 2 weeks
b) reply but don't post within 2 weeks
c) reply, post less than say, 300 posts in the next month

then there should be a new notable vote immediately to replace the inactive one.

In order to keep notability cycling, and yet at the same time, keeping the same amount of them, the "retire a notable" system should be implemented. In this a notable can be a notable for a minimum of 3months, and then if they are voted out, they are up for re-elction next time.

everybody understand

look its all full words
Fri 20/08/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Tony voted for Ant instead of me in the first election.

I'll never live it down
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:55
Regular
He was also the biggest geek ever who quit life in general to play Final Fantasy and have a meaningful relationship with a cat. He can stay.

So can you, Ant. We like you. Who are the other originals? Grix, we like him too. Meka? Or Sheepy? They can both stay.

But Sniper must go. And SonicRav. And Insane Bartender, I never liked him.

But Sniper is the priority.
Fri 20/08/04 at 13:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
Eeek, nope I disagree, I think every Notable deserves their position for one reason or another, even if they aren't around much anymore.

For instance, I haven't seen FantasyMeister much at all lately but he was one of the first five Notables ever voted in, and in my view was one of the best posters ever, and should therefore retain his 'legend' status and stay as a Notable. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.