GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most disturbing scene in a movie?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 14:58
Regular
Some of you are probably aware that this topic is on Imdb but its good and I want to start it here :P
So....most disturbing scene in any movie???
Page:
Sun 05/09/04 at 00:08
Regular
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Chopper was pretty bad, oh no that was hillarious.
>
> Man1: ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!
>
> *Man 1 stabs Man 2 20 times*
>
> Man 2: What are you doing mate? That could kill me mate.

That's too unrealistic to be disturbing, in my opinion.
Sun 05/09/04 at 00:08
Regular
Raven-ous wrote:
> The anal rape scene from "Irreversible" is the most
> disturbing I have seen. People actually walked out of the
> cinema(several in tears, others wretching).
> Somebody surely mentioned this earlier in the thread.(I am too lazy
> to read it all)

Yup, that's pretty horrific, but it doesn't earn my tears. What kind of cinema would show that film anyway? Was it Art House or something?
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:50
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Chopper was pretty bad, oh no that was hillarious.

Man1: ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!

*Man 1 stabs Man 2 20 times*

Man 2: What are you doing mate? That could kill me mate.
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Anonymous wrote:
> Raven-ous wrote:
> to read it all)
>
> That would be me, said pretty much the same thing

For the record, I really liked the film, and generally recommend it.
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:07
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Raven-ous wrote:
> to read it all)

That would be me, said pretty much the same thing
Sat 04/09/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
The anal rape scene from "Irreversible" is the most disturbing I have seen. People actually walked out of the cinema(several in tears, others wretching).
Somebody surely mentioned this earlier in the thread.(I am too lazy to read it all)
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
Japanese dvds from asia are region 3. They should also work fine on your dvd player, as I'm assuming this is multi region. As you mentioned that an american dvd worked on it. Which is region 1.
I fyou want to make your ps2 region free you could always buy the region x dvd kit thingy which is about 12 quid.
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:46
Regular
(mistake)
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
Different parts of the world have different region codes. For example, dvds from europe are region 2. Region 2 dvd players will only play discs with the region 2 symbol on them.(UK dvds are region 2.) The region on a dvd is shown on the back of the dvd case. The symbol is just an egg shaped world with a number 2 in it. It is also on the disc. Dvds from america are region one. Again this will be stated on the back of a dvds case. To play these in the uk you need a multi regional dvd player. Or region free. This allows you to play any dvds from anywhere. This is why this american disc you mentioned wouldn't play on your ps2. Because the ps2 isn't a multi regional dvd player. It will only accept dvds bought in the UK which are region 2. The reason this disc played in your dvd player is because it is probably region free. So can play any dvds. Also movies from asia are region 3. These also require a multi regional dvd player.
Hope this clears things up for you. Heres some more info about dvds.

dvds bought in america sometimes say they are RCCE discs. This mean that they are region code encrypted. Meaning a UK dvd player cannot play them. But that isn't true. Because alot of multi regional players can also unencrypt RCE dvds. You may need to check in your dvd player manual to see if this feature is supported.

Finally some websites such as amazon.com state that some of their dvds are region 0. This means that they will play on any dvd player. That doesn't need to be multiregional.

Hope you understand now. Feel free to ask more questions, I'll try to answer them.

GF
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Now this is where im confused, i dont get the whole Region thing. Example, i got a couple of DVDs in America. They wont work properly on my PS2 (The sound's fine but the picture's a bit - actually a lot - f**ked up, which aint too much of a problem coz theyre music DVDs :D), but they do work on my other DVD player. WTF? If i buy a DVD on the net how will i know if its going to work on whatever player, especially if its a Japanese one??? Someone please help!!!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.