GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NHS stop smoking advert"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/08/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Raw on"
I was just watching TV and saw the NHS stop smoking advert with that guy who's last wish was to see his daughter on december 13th or something and every time I see it, it makes me feel really uneasy. It's even worse listening to it on the radio. Thing is though, people who are smoking won't smoke because of it and people who want to smoke won't be put off by it.

This is just my opinion but I don't think they should show it. It's upsetting to watch and hear and it will have no effect on smokers

what's your opinion?
Tue 31/08/04 at 22:17
"The Will of D."
Trying to convince Cub!st to stop smoking is just as bad as trying to convert Forest Fan to become a Buddist. So stop having a go at him for wanting to smoke, it's his choice if he wants to kill himself slowly, I suppose it should be called the everylasting suicide.
Tue 31/08/04 at 20:39
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I think it is illegal to commit a homosexual act in public but the police don't do anything unless it's been reported by someone in the public.

Meh guess some people can't handle the sight of two people who love each other expressing it.
Tue 31/08/04 at 18:26
Regular
Cubist you FAG.

HAH! I made a joke. Weeeeeeee.

I want a ban on all gayness in public.
Mon 30/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
God. That advert is so depressing.
If I'd had some alcohol in me, or had been slightly depressed when I started watching it, I'd have probably cried.

Not becasue of what happened to the guy (which is still sad by the way), but because my dad is a mighty heavy smoker, and I know it's the exact sort of thing that'll happen to him in the next 10 years.
Thu 26/08/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Raw on"
hmm... you did seem like you want to tell us about your life a bit...

you spoilt my nice smoking thread! :(
Fri 20/08/04 at 21:32
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cub!st wrote:
> I never said you did. Doesn't stop everyone else posting about theirs.

Where is everyone elses life? I hate reading about you and your bummer bf... not being homophbic. But i dont really care about your relationship or your sexuality. You seem to be the only person on here who thinks its ok to tell us about how you have all these gay problems or what fags you like to smoke depending on your finances, can you please shut up about yourself.
Fri 20/08/04 at 21:18
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I never said you did. Doesn't stop everyone else posting about theirs.
Fri 20/08/04 at 21:17
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Just because you're gay, doesn't mean we care about your life, man.
Fri 20/08/04 at 21:16
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Thank you *ignores sarcasm* Anyway I need to relax, my boyfriend's been out with his ex for just over 9 hours now. He's supposed to be coming to mines tomorrow but we haven't arranged times yet and I don't know if we'll even talk tonight let alone do that if he's out:S:(
Fri 20/08/04 at 21:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Cub!st wrote:
> considerate smoker

That's an oxymoron, right there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.