GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ocarina or Majora"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask'.
Sun 30/01/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Underbean"
My vote is on Majora, theres just something about it that makes it better, Im loving all the tunes, especially the one that makes you dance hahah!
Sun 30/01/05 at 22:21
Regular
Majora's Mask. OOT was epic and brilliant and vast, but Majora's Mask is the most unique Zelda experience yet. Oh, and it's funking amazerizerfacerising.
Mon 31/01/05 at 16:50
Regular
Majora's Mask, although as a world that had been designed, filled with fishing games and temples hidden in the little areas of the world... Ocarina has the upperhand.

But the dark twisted world of Majora's Mask wins.

Just.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:07
Regular
although majora's mask is bigger and has a lot mor to do ;
i think ocarina of time can't be beaten because its just like the original
with navi and sora init

p.s no zelda games can beat ocarina of time
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:08
Regular
"kill my enemys"
ocarina of time because it was the first one so it was the game that amazed me and it was just immense.
Tue 01/02/05 at 02:16
Regular
What Dringo said.

MM had such a smaller world, but so much more brought to life! :-)
Tue 01/02/05 at 08:41
"The Will of D."
I actually thought that Majoras mask was quite involving a lot more than OCarina of Time, but the whole story about the Sword in the stone sort of made it feel great. I was never able to get all of the heart pieces in OOT but when I first played MM I was able to get all of them and the masks a lot easier than I expected after a bit of practice on the arrow games. Yep i've gotten a full 50 points on the Octork game at least a dozen times, and half a dozen times for the range shooting in the entranceway to the swamp. But I have admit the final boss on MM was a lot tougher by far than Ganondorf and Ganon, as there was a much smaller room, not obvious weaknesses, and the enemy was always after you in all 3 forms. But at least the game was made simpler once you got all the masks (oh by the way those four minidungeons were really cool) and the Diety Link mask that just made boss fights and previous boss fight last mere seconds.

So I would say seeing as I could complete MM in more detail I say it is better than OOT.
Tue 01/02/05 at 12:42
Regular
Strafio wrote:

> MM had such a smaller world, but so much more brought to life! :-)

Exactly, you actually felt for the characters.
Tue 01/02/05 at 17:04
Regular
"0228"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> I was never able to get all of the heart pieces in OOT but when I first played MM I was able to get all of them

I'm the exact opposite.
Tue 01/02/05 at 17:06
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Exactly, you actually felt for the characters.

There was something about those grinning dancers that just made your heart sink. Poor soon-dead dance-men. :(
Tue 01/02/05 at 20:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
MM is a great game and the temples are awsome. The whole game is jam packed with a lot more than OOT, which feels sparse in comparison. But MM lacked the impact of OOT, and I maintain that there was a lot of pointless busywork.
The world was a lot more lively but it seemed less epic, there were less stunning vistas and massive castles, everything was insulated, you never got a good view of something from far away, so everything seemed to be on a smaller scale. I'll never forget exiting the forest for the first time and seeing the castle with Death Mountain behind it looming in the distance. There was nothing really like that in MM, as it was a much more personal adventure. There is also something slightly less pure about turning into a Zora or a Deku, and when you are one you just want to change back and be Link again. In a way it removed you from Link a little too much, so you almost lost your identity as a player.

It is a fantastic game, though, and playing it again makes me realise that it is a lot fuller than OOT, but in my memories OOT will always come first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.