GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP to be delayed in Europe till September..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Would have quite an interesting effect on the battle. Giving Nintendo a 6 month headstart.

Will Sony let it happen? Is getting more systems out in the US really more important? Does the fact that there is not enough titles ready for launch matter?

Nintendo's launch of the DS went perfectly, and the PSPs seems to have been shrouded in misery. Ninja disks, dodgy buttons, pants battery life...
Do Sony deserve to fail? Part of me hopes so, but part of me understands the need for a bit of competition for Nintendo. I mean Nintendo didn't really do too well at supplying many decent games on the GBA! But of sodding re-releases. Then they moan at Sony going "All that's going to be on PSP are PS2 ports. {winge winge}" Part of me thinks Nintendo does need a slap, and some competition to make them pull their a***s into gear and give us a solid flow of games for a change, rather than moaning about everyone else.

But then on the other hand, there's a part of me which will always love Nintendo, and doesn't want to see them get a whooping again from Sony. Time will tell which'll turn out to be the most popular. My moneys on the DS, cos I'm gonna buy at least two. One for me, and one for the misses on her birthday. Hope that Doctor game comes out, cos she'd love it, but I don't hold much hope for it coming out anywhere other than Japan. :(

Anyways, delayed PSP! Oh yer. Let it be so!

:)
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:19
Regular
"\\"
Hopefully you'll just die instead :)

[S]At Mac :)
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:17
Regular
"8==="
Nintendo are masters of compression.

I heard OOT when ripped took up about 4-8MB on a PC.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Yea, but in some cases they have thrown the mud in response to good
> genuine posts,
>
> What good genuine posts? All you do is come in here and say "PSP
> is clearly better Nintendo need to buck up their ideas" You
> literally say NOTHING else. Yet you constantly make posts
> re-iterating your opinion. When you first arrived with this, people
> were civil and posted their opinions as well. But after the 200th
> post people are going to just tell you to shut up. So my suggestion
> is to shut up, go into the Sony forum (yes there is one) and post
> about how good the PSP is in there. That you post your topics in the
> Nintendo forum just shows that you're tryng to provoke a reaction.
> That's trolling, that's against the rules. Stop being such a spoilt
> little child.
>
>
> when certain members are confronted with facts, they easily forget
> their internet "manners", and can resort to mud throwing
> in
> direct response.
>
> What facts? You don't have any facts! All you ever say is pure
> conjecture, based on nothing but reports from other people. You have
> never played either system, you don't know which is better, yet you
> constantly slate the DS and praise the PSP. What facts are you
> talking about that you confront people with? That PSP is selling
> more? Is that it? Everyone can see that, it doesn't mean anything -
> it doesn't prove that the PSP is better or more sucessful, just that
> there are more units available for people to buy now, so people who
> wanted one but couldn't get one are buying them. It's too early to
> say anything.

I have on a number of ocasions said stated how the DVD format holds more than Nintendo's Cube's effort (whatever you want to call it).

I have said many times that PS2 DVD movie player is and was a reason for a significant number of people choosing that console. This is now fact - I even know people who were....
1) Undecided, and this feature swayed them.
2) Wanted a PS2 anyway, but then used the DVD player mode A LOT as they didnt have a standalone dvd player at the time, or they only had one in the house, and PS2 was used in a different room.

PSP does have better graphics - infact even many Nintendo fans admit this.

PSP has a scratch resistant screen - although I admit it still may not last.

PSP has out sold DS 2 weeks running. This is fact.

I could go on.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:09
Regular
"8==="
Pfft.

Yeah REALLY worthwhile reading the whole of this thread.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:08
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> And how long has Mario been kept going.....

You're totally missing the point that has been BLATENTLY exposed to you by Tiltawhirl and I think a few others within this thread, who have EXPLICITLY explained to you that each Mario game is completely different from the other one.

Please read the whole thread before making replies that show your inability to read threads.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:07
Regular
"8==="
Macintosh wrote:
>
> And how long has Mario been kept going.....

Who cares? Mario sucks.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:04
Regular
"and PC user"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Tscore05 wrote:
>
> I do really feel sorry for Ninty fanboys who have lined Nintendo's
> pocket year on year and the only thing to show for it is another
> Wario or Mario game you deserve better its called a Sony PSP.
>
> Metal Gear Solid Cardgame
> Ridge Racer 7
> Final Fantasy 62
> Gran Turismo 57
> Grand Theft Auto 21
>
> haha nice summary there, but oh so true.

And how long has Mario been kept going.....
Mon 31/01/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
I have never seen extreme bias like it Macintosh, too Childish in fact!!
How you can back a system you don't own and how you can never ever criticise Sony for putting a foot wrong, as they have done with the PSP is silly! Come on!

I have seen my fair share of Nintendo fan boys and Microsoft but this is laughable!

And your other side/split personality/mirror image, whatever you want to call it: TopScore....whats with that? You both write the same, post in the same topics, argue over and over about the same things, childish bias over and over, both never answering fairly logical debates, denouncing anything levelled at Sony- Together!
You are the same and one? aren't you? Either that or I would get worried as someone is stealing your thunder!

Is there anything wrong with the PSP? from a PSP outsider such as you who doesn't own one? Be honest.
Mon 31/01/05 at 16:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Macintosh wrote:
> Yea, but in some cases they have thrown the mud in response to good
> genuine posts,

What good genuine posts? All you do is come in here and say "PSP is clearly better Nintendo need to buck up their ideas" You literally say NOTHING else. Yet you constantly make posts re-iterating your opinion. When you first arrived with this, people were civil and posted their opinions as well. But after the 200th post people are going to just tell you to shut up. So my suggestion is to shut up, go into the Sony forum (yes there is one) and post about how good the PSP is in there. That you post your topics in the Nintendo forum just shows that you're tryng to provoke a reaction. That's trolling, that's against the rules. Stop being such a spoilt little child.

> when certain members are confronted with facts, they easily forget
> their internet "manners", and can resort to mud throwing in
> direct response.

What facts? You don't have any facts! All you ever say is pure conjecture, based on nothing but reports from other people. You have never played either system, you don't know which is better, yet you constantly slate the DS and praise the PSP. What facts are you talking about that you confront people with? That PSP is selling more? Is that it? Everyone can see that, it doesn't mean anything - it doesn't prove that the PSP is better or more sucessful, just that there are more units available for people to buy now, so people who wanted one but couldn't get one are buying them. It's too early to say anything.
Mon 31/01/05 at 16:46
Regular
Where do you live Cooky? Are you who I think you are?

A game shop owner also told me today that the PSP'll probably launch in Autumn. Because of the immediate competiton from Nintendo and the fact they'll probably not launch the system in this finacial year they will push it at Christmas and try and take the Christmas market.

Scary.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.