GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP to be delayed in Europe till September..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Would have quite an interesting effect on the battle. Giving Nintendo a 6 month headstart.

Will Sony let it happen? Is getting more systems out in the US really more important? Does the fact that there is not enough titles ready for launch matter?

Nintendo's launch of the DS went perfectly, and the PSPs seems to have been shrouded in misery. Ninja disks, dodgy buttons, pants battery life...
Do Sony deserve to fail? Part of me hopes so, but part of me understands the need for a bit of competition for Nintendo. I mean Nintendo didn't really do too well at supplying many decent games on the GBA! But of sodding re-releases. Then they moan at Sony going "All that's going to be on PSP are PS2 ports. {winge winge}" Part of me thinks Nintendo does need a slap, and some competition to make them pull their a***s into gear and give us a solid flow of games for a change, rather than moaning about everyone else.

But then on the other hand, there's a part of me which will always love Nintendo, and doesn't want to see them get a whooping again from Sony. Time will tell which'll turn out to be the most popular. My moneys on the DS, cos I'm gonna buy at least two. One for me, and one for the misses on her birthday. Hope that Doctor game comes out, cos she'd love it, but I don't hold much hope for it coming out anywhere other than Japan. :(

Anyways, delayed PSP! Oh yer. Let it be so!

:)
Mon 31/01/05 at 23:07
Regular
"Random by default"
Cooky wrote:
> Ninja disks

They are "fixing"/removing the best thing to ever happen to the handheld gaming world!?

I thought they were cool man.
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
While babbling on about how the PSP graphics are better and it's the greatest thing ever because of it...He seems to be going against himself!

For you Macintosh, in bold too, just so you don't ignore it like every other point that makes you out to be babbling!
The Gamecube displays better graphics than the PS2!!, but the PS2 is doing better. The X-Box displays better graphics than the PS2, but the PS2 does better!. The Dreamcast of all systems displays better graphics than the PS2, but the PS2 killed that system!.
And...if we all want to go down that road: The Game Gear had better graphics than the Gameboy, but the GB killed it, so did the Wonderswan (which might I add sold more systems a few times more than the Gameboy, but the GB still beat it Just like the PSP now) The GamePark 32, Neo Geo Pocket- ALL better graphical systems than the Gameboy & GBA, but the GBA has virtually wiped them from existence. And look at the N-Gage/QD Some would claim better Graphical advantages over the GBA, but it never overtook the system.

Hope that clears things.
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:25
Regular
Macintosh all your points are to do with sales, graphics and the ability to play DVD's.

You've seem to have forgotten "gaming" as being a vital part of it all.

Sure graphics are better, does that makes the games better? Not at all. What does this mean in a gaming forum? Not a lot.

Sure the ability to play DVD's attracted gamers, does it mean the games are better? No? Next.

Ah so the PSP (at bloody last) has sold a little more than the DS. You forget the PSP hasn't had enough systems avalible so those who wanted one will be staggered over the next few months. Hence the high sales.

If you count the total of handhelds sold last month in Japan you'll get over 120,000 sold. That's ridiculous. That is not normal sales figures, those are launch month sales figures. Look at the home consoles, traditionally more popular, add them all together and you get something like 70,000 systems sold. That's pretty high too!

The DS has been out for a while, there's only been a few new games (a new one has just been released) and so sales will lull, especially after the Christmas boom.

The PSP's been out for a while too but there hasn't been many of them, so there was no boom. Instead they'll enjoy a month or so pretty great sales. But it'll die down. Just like the DS's has.

GBA SP is rather shockingly still selling 13,000 systems. That's a great result. Higher than the Gamecube.

If I was Nintendo I'd not mind losing a few sales, especially if they managed to shift 2 million in Japan alone before Christmas. And that's excluding GBA sales.

Resident Evil 4 and Yoshi's Touch and Go have just been released in Japan. I predict a nice sales boost for both the DS and the Gamecube this time around.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:47
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Macintosh wrote:
> Lets just hope Nintendo can win the battle, afterall they are the only
> "true" games company. And with the next version of Mario in
> the design house right now, things are looking up for the DS.
>
> (that should do the job)

*Suffers a cardiac arrest*
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:50
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dringo wrote:
> Where do you live Cooky? Are you who I think you are?

Ooop North. Not near St Neots anymore.

:)
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:44
"Tesco value"
I've got the DS, like most people here and I have to say I haven't touched it in the last month or so I got it. Possibly due to the fact games are not really available as yet over here, but I do have feel the magic and mario 64(?) DS.

Had I not played mario 64 to buggery and got all the stars the first time round, I would be more inclined to complete it all now, but after the original nostalga it just got boring.
Feel the magic, pah! took all of a day to complete, nothing like the originality of wario ware.

I'm generally looking forward to the PSP the screen does look good and compare ridge racer on both consoles and you can clearly see who owns the better graphics, but give me chaos on the spectrum anyday!
3 hours or so battery life I can deal with, I cant sit long enough to play for an hour straight let alone 3.
the later release will fix any problems with the PSP, it's unfortunate all the small niggles get passed around the net like wild fire and blown out of all Proportion. Firmware updates (we all know one is on the way) will help with the battery life, so at least us brits get the finished article. (saying that you can import one for £179 inc delivery...)

having owned every console going, the nintendo gamecube was the only one to leave my collection, they really have an image problem and all their games are type casted, I await with baited breath for Mario kart DS but no doubt, it's the same old tripe as repetative mario. Nintendo need to stop flogging a dead horse.

we all know eventually which handheld will reign supreme. just as long as your happy with your choice, which unfortunatly Im not with the DS.

but thats coming from someone who thought Halo 2 was a bit pants.

Click Here

just kiddin' :-)
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:33
Regular
Macintosh wrote:

> PSP does have better graphics -

= BETTER GAMES 100%!!!!!

>
> PSP has a scratch resistant screen -

DS folds up so it's impossible to scratch the screen when not in use.

>
> PSP has out sold DS 2 weeks running. This is fact.
>

DS has sold 10 times more than the PSP. This is fact.

> I could go on.

You could also crawl away and die but unfortunatly the former is more likely.

I await your beating of these statements by repeating your previous 3 points.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:26
Regular
"8==="
It's true.

My laserdisc pwns your cube.
Mon 31/01/05 at 19:21
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> I could go on.

Woah WOAH WOAH, stop everything!

Better graphics + Bigger disk space = better games!!!11!!1!!!!!

Mon 31/01/05 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
Thankyou. :)

[S] damn your editing [S]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.