GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro on the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
Yes, the DS will have a lot of sequels and remakes of GBA games, but I'm personally hoping that Nintendo can take a look at the lovely N64 back history and pick some choice cuts.

Original games are good, granted, but there are so many great N64 games that would be even better on the sleek handheld;

Pilot Wings - Perhaps a compilation of the SNES and N64 levels? The Sky Diver game on the Nokia phone was good, imagine the lovely Pilot Wings on a portable.

Zelda - How about Ocarina on DS? Or, even better for those who've already played it to death, a new Zelda with the same graphics engine.

Diddy Kong Racing - Yes, Mario Kart is coming, but Diddy Kong was a cool RPG style karting game with planes and boats. Bring it on!

Starfox - The new Gamecube game needs a handheld counterpart, and what better than a remake of the N64 classic.

Wave Race 64 - One of the only decent Jet Ski games in existence.

Turok - The original, or a DECENT sequel (as opposed to the last one!)

1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark

And so many more, Nintendo have a whole selection of games at their disposal, I hope they realise this and use some of them...
Tue 01/02/05 at 13:31
"period drama"
I'd rather have some new specially-made proper DS games.
Tue 01/02/05 at 12:42
Regular
Strafio wrote:

> Talking of which, any news of Rare's handheld stance yet? :-)

Rare.co.uk: " So, what now? What's next for Rare on the handheld scene, and what's our dedicated team plugging away at in the background as we speak? Well, far be it from us to keep a secret. What we'll actually be doing is -"

Ba******
Tue 01/02/05 at 09:44
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
San Francisco Rush...with wireless multi-player. Oh baby that would rule.

The original was quite an overlooked little game, but I spent many an hour having great 2-player races with my bro, weaving through the shortcut filled streets of San Francisco, trying to outsmart and outshortcut those crazy CPU racers, speeding through narrow alleys and flying off buildings. The visuals weren't up to much and most of the cars handled like tanks, but I did love that game.

Some kind of N64 ISS port would be good too (the N64 series is still owns the Pro Evo series in my vast experience.)
Tue 01/02/05 at 02:02
Regular
Conker and Perfect Dark with wireless multiplayer.

Conker especially.
Wasn't annoying when you were the Squirrels and if you hid, the other players looked at your screen?
Wasn't it annoying when you were teddies and squirrels could see their head in your crosshair?

And internet as well.

Lylat Wars sounds good in theory, but without an analogue stick?

I can imagine Conker and PD working, but Lylat Wars?
How can I judge - I've not played Mario 64x4 yet.
Talking of which, any news of Rare's handheld stance yet? :-)
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:15
Regular
Oh I knew I recognised the whole "launch" thing. I'd forgotten about that.

Mario Party 6 isn't supposed to be all that bad though.

Not quite Mario Party 5.

But not as bad as 4 (my worst Nintendo purchase ever, next to Doshin the Giant).
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:12
Regular
"8==="
I thought I might have to explain it:

A few months back 'launch' was basically assocaited with people taking the pee out of Mario Party 12.3's (there I did it again) microphone feature.

Now 'launch' is more likely to be associated with the DS launching well.

See now?
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:10
Regular
I really can't seem to make sense of any of the posts i'm reading lately.

I think I need to go to bed.
Tue 01/02/05 at 00:03
Regular
"8==="
At least at the moment you can utter the word 'launch' with pride.
Mon 31/01/05 at 23:56
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> And you get sadder

*Bows head in shame*
Mon 31/01/05 at 23:48
Regular
And you get sadder

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.