GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro on the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
Yes, the DS will have a lot of sequels and remakes of GBA games, but I'm personally hoping that Nintendo can take a look at the lovely N64 back history and pick some choice cuts.

Original games are good, granted, but there are so many great N64 games that would be even better on the sleek handheld;

Pilot Wings - Perhaps a compilation of the SNES and N64 levels? The Sky Diver game on the Nokia phone was good, imagine the lovely Pilot Wings on a portable.

Zelda - How about Ocarina on DS? Or, even better for those who've already played it to death, a new Zelda with the same graphics engine.

Diddy Kong Racing - Yes, Mario Kart is coming, but Diddy Kong was a cool RPG style karting game with planes and boats. Bring it on!

Starfox - The new Gamecube game needs a handheld counterpart, and what better than a remake of the N64 classic.

Wave Race 64 - One of the only decent Jet Ski games in existence.

Turok - The original, or a DECENT sequel (as opposed to the last one!)

1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark

And so many more, Nintendo have a whole selection of games at their disposal, I hope they realise this and use some of them...
Wed 02/02/05 at 16:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Madden is made by EA. That's enough to get them in my good books.
Tue 01/02/05 at 23:59
Regular
"Random by default"
In that case my hat goes off to IO Interactive!
Tue 01/02/05 at 23:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
IO Interactive made Freedom Fighters.

SSX Tricky is the only truly great game I've ever played from EA.

SSX3 was pretty good.

But Tricky is the master.
Tue 01/02/05 at 23:50
Regular
"Random by default"
Freedom fighters! love that game tbh.
MOH on playstation were quite good too, ive played the demo for MOH: Pacific assault on PC, its nothing groundbreaking but still a nice little game.

They arnt all bad, just wish they wouldnt rush games so much.

Edit: and eat up other gaming companies
Tue 01/02/05 at 22:03
Regular
SSX, the early MOH titles, the street series of games is pretty good as well.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:57
Regular
"8==="
Usually the EA games that are not developed 'in-house' are good.

Freedom Fighters, Def Jam NY, Burnout 3, LOTR:3rd age etc.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
EA publish their fair share of decent games, its just that they're masked by all the tripe that they also produce.

I think it would be a good idea to re-use N64 game engines, as it would save a lot in development costs and time, meaning shorter, cheaper games. The DS architecture is similar to the N64s, originally being pencilled as a portable N64 by Nintendo themselves, dubbed Nitro. I don't think that a whole spate of re released N64 games is really the way to go though, and I don't think mario is the start of a trend, I just think it was Nintendo rushing a gauranteed launch game to get the system out early.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Random by default"
I have a little respect for EA when it comes to games...some of them are quite sold.

Its more on a business side they come into a league of thier own :(.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:30
Regular
"8==="
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> EA have nothing
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:25
"Tesco value"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> EA have nothing to do with the original Goldeneye.

I think they own the james bond license?

I did email them and ask if they were going to release it on the DS, and they said that they were not planning to, but that the console had just been released.

as ever, skipping over the questions as they always do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.