GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro on the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
Yes, the DS will have a lot of sequels and remakes of GBA games, but I'm personally hoping that Nintendo can take a look at the lovely N64 back history and pick some choice cuts.

Original games are good, granted, but there are so many great N64 games that would be even better on the sleek handheld;

Pilot Wings - Perhaps a compilation of the SNES and N64 levels? The Sky Diver game on the Nokia phone was good, imagine the lovely Pilot Wings on a portable.

Zelda - How about Ocarina on DS? Or, even better for those who've already played it to death, a new Zelda with the same graphics engine.

Diddy Kong Racing - Yes, Mario Kart is coming, but Diddy Kong was a cool RPG style karting game with planes and boats. Bring it on!

Starfox - The new Gamecube game needs a handheld counterpart, and what better than a remake of the N64 classic.

Wave Race 64 - One of the only decent Jet Ski games in existence.

Turok - The original, or a DECENT sequel (as opposed to the last one!)

1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark

And so many more, Nintendo have a whole selection of games at their disposal, I hope they realise this and use some of them...
Sat 05/02/05 at 13:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Don't you mean.. Metroid could be played in the way of Goldeneye/Perfect Dark?
Sat 05/02/05 at 12:26
"Tesco value"
Goldeneye and Perfect dark

could be played in the same way as Metroid prime.

nuff said
Sat 05/02/05 at 11:48
Regular
Cycloon wrote:

> SSX Tricky is the only truly great game I've ever played from EA.

EA have some pretty good games these days unfortunatly.

Sure they still release a lot of crap like Rogue Agent, but for every Rogue Agent there's a Tiger Woods or Def Jam : Vendetta.
Sat 05/02/05 at 11:43
Regular
No I wouldn't be happy if that's all Nintendo stuck on the machine.

I'd be happy to see some touch screen N64 classics though as well.
Sat 05/02/05 at 11:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
that would be pretty awesome. I wouldn't really be happy if Nintendo just stuck a load of rehashed games on to the DS, dunno about you, Dringo.
Sat 05/02/05 at 01:46
Regular
"Remember me?"
Dringo wrote:
> Hmmm it depends on how they use the touch screen and so forth. I
> think they should just settle with Four Swords for now.

A DS version of Four Swords may well keep the Zelda fans happy for a while, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that what we really want is a full-blown, bona-fied, proper new Zelda game. Personally, I'd like to see any new Zelda use a graphics engine similar to Wind Waker's; I love that new cartoony cute-as-a-button Link.

And whatever Nintendo do, they need to utilise the touch-screen well (as you stated). I myself dream of using the boomerang to lock onto multiple targets (į la Wind Waker), only using the touch-screen to lock onto them quicker. Maybe the game could use the top screen for the normal adventure-y view and the bottom screen could be stuck in a permanent first person view...
Wed 02/02/05 at 21:40
Regular
"8==="
But then you got a cheese 'YEAH!' like you'd run over 15 people in GTA 2 or something.

It was blatantly tongue in cheek.
Wed 02/02/05 at 21:37
Regular
Yeah, I appreciated the irony.
But the way it was all raising the American flag... :-D
Wed 02/02/05 at 18:52
Regular
"8==="
Strafio wrote:
> Freedom Fighters...
>
> It was alright, but didn't the overblown American patriotism make you
> seriously cringe? :-D

No because the Soviet broadcasts were a good satire of the American broadcasts they were based upon.
Wed 02/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
Freedom Fighters...

It was alright, but didn't the overblown American patriotism make you seriously cringe? :-D
Also, I liked how ironic the background storyline is.
It was sort of real history except swap America with USSR.
It was the USSR who dropped the atom bomb to end WW2 and then went on to become the world's dominant power.
It was the USSR that held the world in it's grip while it prospered through raping other nations while innocent America struggled to try and keep up...

The lack of control options bugged me a bit and the fact you had to use the D-Pad to scroll through menu's...
Like I said, the game was "alright" but...
(Alistair, it was YOUR fault I bought it as well, you over-ecstatic hypetard! :-P)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.