GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro on the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
Yes, the DS will have a lot of sequels and remakes of GBA games, but I'm personally hoping that Nintendo can take a look at the lovely N64 back history and pick some choice cuts.

Original games are good, granted, but there are so many great N64 games that would be even better on the sleek handheld;

Pilot Wings - Perhaps a compilation of the SNES and N64 levels? The Sky Diver game on the Nokia phone was good, imagine the lovely Pilot Wings on a portable.

Zelda - How about Ocarina on DS? Or, even better for those who've already played it to death, a new Zelda with the same graphics engine.

Diddy Kong Racing - Yes, Mario Kart is coming, but Diddy Kong was a cool RPG style karting game with planes and boats. Bring it on!

Starfox - The new Gamecube game needs a handheld counterpart, and what better than a remake of the N64 classic.

Wave Race 64 - One of the only decent Jet Ski games in existence.

Turok - The original, or a DECENT sequel (as opposed to the last one!)

1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark

And so many more, Nintendo have a whole selection of games at their disposal, I hope they realise this and use some of them...
Mon 31/01/05 at 20:18
"possibly impossible"
Yes, the DS will have a lot of sequels and remakes of GBA games, but I'm personally hoping that Nintendo can take a look at the lovely N64 back history and pick some choice cuts.

Original games are good, granted, but there are so many great N64 games that would be even better on the sleek handheld;

Pilot Wings - Perhaps a compilation of the SNES and N64 levels? The Sky Diver game on the Nokia phone was good, imagine the lovely Pilot Wings on a portable.

Zelda - How about Ocarina on DS? Or, even better for those who've already played it to death, a new Zelda with the same graphics engine.

Diddy Kong Racing - Yes, Mario Kart is coming, but Diddy Kong was a cool RPG style karting game with planes and boats. Bring it on!

Starfox - The new Gamecube game needs a handheld counterpart, and what better than a remake of the N64 classic.

Wave Race 64 - One of the only decent Jet Ski games in existence.

Turok - The original, or a DECENT sequel (as opposed to the last one!)

1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark

And so many more, Nintendo have a whole selection of games at their disposal, I hope they realise this and use some of them...
Mon 31/01/05 at 20:22
"Tesco value"
Goldeneye...

now some of the rare team split, EA owns the james bond franchise.

lets bully them into submission!
Mon 31/01/05 at 20:28
Regular
Ly-lat-wars! Ly-lat-wars! Ly-lat-wars! Ly-lat-wars!

Oh and a Ocarina of time/Majoras Mask Double pack would be spiffing.
Mon 31/01/05 at 20:31
Regular
"0228"
Creepy wrote:
> Ly-lat-wars! Ly-lat-wars! Ly-lat-wars! Ly-lat-wars!
>
> Oh and a Ocarina of time/Majoras Mask Double pack would be spiffing.

I couldn't be bothered to play through the Zelda games again. Lylat Wars would be excellent though.
Mon 31/01/05 at 20:34
Regular
"8==="
Lylat wars with all the cool bonus multiplayer stuff available from the start would be good.

I wish more games used that mission tree structure. I'd love to see an FPS use it (ie you could finish something like it in about 6 hours but there were 3 paths to jump around in so actually the replay would be about 20-odd hours when taking every conceivable path through the game).
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
pb wrote:
> Zelda - How about Ocarina on DS? Or, even better for those who've
> already played it to death, a new Zelda with the same graphics
> engine.

Definately a new Zelda with the same engine, I think OOT has been re-released enough of late.

And yeh, a Rare-made Perfect Dark would be brilliant.

Pikmin DS would also rock.
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:06
Regular
"kill my enemys"
pb wrote:
> engine.
>

i think nintendo fans who have played oot have gone through it thousands of times so a re-make wouldnt sell as ppl have already played it dozens of times.pikmin would be class on the ds.
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:12
Regular
Would be so great to have 1080 and Diddy Kong Racing on the DS. Especially with the wireless multiplayer :D
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:33
Regular
pb wrote:

> Pilot Wings - Perhaps a compilation of the SNES and N64 levels? The
> Sky Diver game on the Nokia phone was good, imagine the lovely Pilot
> Wings on a portable.

That would be excellent and easily possible. It'd also make the DS seem far more good looking. How great would touch screen work with this one :D

> engine.

Hmmm it depends on how they use the touch screen and so forth. I think they should just settle with Four Swords for now.

> Diddy Kong Racing - Yes, Mario Kart is coming, but Diddy Kong was a
> cool RPG style karting game with planes and boats. Bring it on!

Perhaps, it would be a nice opener for RARE.

> Starfox - The new Gamecube game needs a handheld counterpart, and
> what better than a remake of the N64 classic.

Oh yes, Lylat Wars would be an excellent handheld game. Especially as there's no saving. Traditional handheld at its best.

> Wave Race 64 - One of the only decent Jet Ski games in existence.

Again you keep coming up with excellent ideas. Brilliant, I loved Wave Race 64, I played it to death. How great would this be with touch screen.

> Turok - The original, or a DECENT sequel (as opposed to the last
> one!)

Acclaim own the rights to the game and Acclaim are now dead.

How about No Mercy on the DS, a bit of touch screen grappeling. You can actually be the ref and say 1,2,3 via the microphone. Top screen can be the entrance movies whilst the lower screen is them coming down the ramp during those scenes. Of course the screens change for the game, one displays the health and the move lists perhaps.

How cool would that be.
Mon 31/01/05 at 22:35
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> Acclaim own the rights to the game and Acclaim are now dead.

So actually one of their debt claimants (I forget the correct term) probably owns the rights now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.