GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NDS or PSP - Which will you get???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/08/04 at 18:10
"Is U Is Or Is U Ain"
The Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable are coming out soon, so which will you get. I've decided on the DS because of it's great featres; Touch screen, voice activation, PictoChat, wireless multiplayer gameplay etc. The PSP may have slightly better graphics but I, personaly, don't think it's as good. So what do you think?
Fri 13/08/04 at 23:34
Regular
"wIeRd"
NDS, hopefully it'll have super smash bros!!!! and dynasty warriors is a bonus.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:27
Regular
"ProGolfer"
pb wrote:
> Which is why I buy a console, rather than paying over twice as much
> for something that I might not use. Though if the music features are
> any good then the PSP will be useful.

I see where your coming from im coming from there to, lol i have reached that time when i dont really want to play ames on a small screen. If i were to buy one i would want it to be able to have other purposes to, eg plays movies, music, address book, appointment holder etc.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:09
Regular
Both for me too
Fri 13/08/04 at 09:15
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I would go for the DS as it will hopefully be under £100. Dont think I will be getting either though as I would rather have a console and it's not like either will be better than the x box.
Fri 13/08/04 at 09:00
"Is U Is Or Is U Ain"
I like consoles and portables alike...

Consoles because they have amazing graphics, and some can show DVDs.

I like portables because you can play your favourite games on the go.

I don't prefer one or the other.
Thu 12/08/04 at 17:45
"possibly impossible"
Which is why I buy a console, rather than paying over twice as much for something that I might not use. Though if the music features are any good then the PSP will be useful.
Thu 12/08/04 at 17:42
"Is U Is Or Is U Ain"
It would be cool to watch movies on the go for long car journeys or whatever, but like someone said, it would hurt your eyes watching the quite small screen and which screen would you watch it on on DS. Thinking about it, if you can play games on the small screen, why can't you just watch it?
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:01
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Edgy wrote:
> It can be done on NDS - and is already available on GBA.
>
> In the states you can buy cartoo episodes to watch on GBA cartridge.
> The NDS carts are going to be much larger in memory and so it will be
> possible to have movies on cartridge.

Yeh but the PSP is being desighned to have that i mind, it seems nintendo are going more for the games.
Thu 12/08/04 at 13:54
Regular
It can be done on NDS - and is already available on GBA.

In the states you can buy cartoo episodes to watch on GBA cartridge. The NDS carts are going to be much larger in memory and so it will be possible to have movies on cartridge.
Thu 12/08/04 at 13:31
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Roller_Coaster_Dude! wrote:
> I didn't even know you could watch films on a PSP. Are they bringing
> films onto UMD's then?

Well they have the optin to, depending on sales amount developers can choose to put films onto UMD or not. I owuld like to see Sony lead the way on this and put at least the first film on to the format to show developers it can be done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.