GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bittorent"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I have a Zoom X4 ADSL Modem/Router and ADSL (obviously). Windows Firewall is off and I have Zone Alarm on, with full access for the program.

On Bittornado (about the same as bittorent) I have only 4KB speed downloading with 15 peers connected to 16 seeds. The light in the corner of the program window is yellow.

Any ideas how to speed things up?
Wed 11/08/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Turbonutter wrote:
> The same as the public port. They should both be the same.
Wed 11/08/04 at 11:44
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hmm.

There's a public port start and end, which I assume is to enter a range. I've discovered the range is 6881-6999.
What should I enter in the private port part?

Ta.
Wed 11/08/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The same as the public port. They should both be the same.
Wed 11/08/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Right, there's a virtual server bit in my modems configuration.

There's a part, though, that asks for a private port? What's that about?
Wed 11/08/04 at 01:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You can find out what ports need forwarding from most FAQs and maybe within the software itsself. As for exactly how to do that, it depends what kind of firewall you have, but most routers have either a descriptive option or one called Virtual Servers. For the XP firewall, it's in the advanced properties. Pay attention to TCP or UDP.
Wed 11/08/04 at 01:17
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hmm, I keep getting yellow.
Gah.
Tue 10/08/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Azul wrote:
> So I should just leave it to do its business?
> Ta.

Depends. The BT client should give an indication of what its connected as.

Green = you are connected, and file is complete(You can get the whole file from the people connected).
Blue = you are connected , and file is incomplete(From all the people connected the file can not be completed).
Yellow = Firewalled, Proxy etc. Not connected properly and could cause peers and seeders to not send to you.
Tue 10/08/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
So I should just leave it to do its business?
Ta.
Tue 10/08/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
BT is bad at times, especially near the beginning of a file. Basically you need to share to get a good rate, especially if there arent many seeders or a high seeder to peer ration i.e 1 seeder to 100 peers etc. You can have a really fast connection and be crawling at times on BT.
Tue 10/08/04 at 21:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Aha.

I've been having this same problem. I've read through this thread and noted the whole forwarding to ports stuff, but I haven't a clue how to do so.

Anyone care to tell me, in idiot speak, how to do so?
Cheers.

I'd left a download on via Bittorrent for over 40 odd mins, and it was still hovering around 2kbs, despite being on a 1MB connection.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.