GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scholes has retired from international football."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/08/04 at 14:39
Regular
WTF? He's still got a good 5 years in him. He's given no reason as to why as of yet.

EDIT: I bet Fergie had a big part to play in this.
Tue 03/08/04 at 17:25
Regular
Thheeeee adventures of christiaaaaannnooo, ronnnallldo
Tue 03/08/04 at 17:07
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I never saw too much of 2DTV, especially during the WC.

I'm more of a Fantasy Football man :)
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Watch 2DTV? The best ever sketch was for World Cup 2002.

A pitch. "Sven has gone to great lengths to protect Michael Owen from injury for this match." A box is carefully lowered onto the pitch, opened. Lots of packing and Michael Owen fall out. Owen gets the ball, runs round everyone and scores. Scholes jumps on top on him in celebration, Owen gets injured. It's hilarious.

Scholes is always comedy in the 2DTV sketches. I remember one which was in black and white, apart from Scholes hair. Classic.
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
:|
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:39
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Hehehe.

I especially like the Garth Crooks impression towards Sven, when he usually about seven cliches in one sentence without actually getting to the question in, ..erm, question.
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:34
Regular
Yeah, I know, best impression of Sven ever. Always makes me laugh.

"So, Sven, you're skating on thin ice out there."
"What? If ze pitch is frozen they will, er, call off the game?"
"No No, Sven, I mean you've only got a 1 goal cushion."
"What? There are, how you say, cushions in the goal? The goalkeeper is hurting himself? What?"
"...Sigh."
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:30
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
[URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/bigimpression_1.jpg[/URL]

:P
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:26
Regular
Good point. Remember what Sven always says - "I, er, think, er, the...players. They pefform adequately well. Unless they, er...you know, play for Spurs. Then Nancy tells me to drop them, she say they crap."
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:12
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Lil Bro wrote:

We all know Robbo beats Kirlkland hands down.
------------------

Is that why Sven constantly sings Kirkland's praises? ;)

Let's not also forget that Chris is always touted as the next No.1 when he's fit (yes, I know, getting him fit is another story).

Besides, Paul Robinson's started the slippery slope downwards, White Hart Lane style ;)
Tue 03/08/04 at 16:08
Regular
Whilst i am shocked and saddened by this this is rapidly becoming the best summer ever for english football.

HEskey has gone to birmingham: with in 2 or 3 squads will no longer be guaranteed his place, unless he deserves it.

Butt goes to Newcastle: has to earn his place on merit.

Scholes retires: i am in two minds, firstly he is a world class player. But i'd rather lose him than force us to play him and other midfielders out of position just to accomodate them all. (i think scholes is top notch, it just doesn't work having him, lampard and gerrard in one team, and now we shall get some continuity)

things are looking up for england!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.