GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scholes has retired from international football."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/08/04 at 14:39
Regular
WTF? He's still got a good 5 years in him. He's given no reason as to why as of yet.

EDIT: I bet Fergie had a big part to play in this.
Wed 04/08/04 at 19:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
sanders wrote:
> whoa! Steven McClaren is jst as bad as Sven. I agree tht we need a
> good english manager tho. Not sure who though.

He's doing a great job at Middlesbrough and even managed to get them a Carling Cup.

Look at the players he buys and the tactics. I wouldn't be surprised if Middlesbrough upset everyone and got a top 4 finish.
Wed 04/08/04 at 19:05
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Solskjær wrote:
> Not only for the fact he hasn' scored for England in nearly 2 years, but > that the team aren't performing to their true potential either - and the > two just do not go together very well.

He scored in Euro 2004 for us.

=D
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:10
Regular
Hargreaves is quality. But the piffling matter of international football is not what should concern us over young Owen. He wants away from Munich, Liverpool need a midfielder - what's not to love?
Wed 04/08/04 at 16:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Can Hargreaves cut it on the left of midfield?

I think he's a quality player, although I don't think he'll be able to run round like a headless chicken for over 90 minutes against any half decent international side.
Wed 04/08/04 at 15:28
Regular
"no nonsense"
yeah wot i meant was u could try either Bridge or Cole on the left hand side of midfield and see who plays best. not sayin it wud work but Sven should definitly try it. If you can see where im coming from.
Wed 04/08/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Muh. You think like too many football pundits...

If you took any note of how one played in Euro 2004 and the for Chelsea in the Premiership, last season - against Arsénal, incidentally - then, you could see Ashley Cole is best-suited to the left-back role, while Wayne Bridge should play left-midfield (while Alan Thompson is continuously be ignored...).

:)
Wed 04/08/04 at 15:11
Regular
"no nonsense"
Solskjær wrote:

> Even with Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and, er... David Beckham, I
> still think we're gonna miss him greatly, as that "missing
> link" who connects midfield and attack.

i personally think our best midfield without scholes wud be:

right sided obv Beckham. in the centre Lampard and Gerrard and on the left i think shud b Ashley Cole and why not play Wayne Bridge left bak. Both gud left footed players who will b able to play on the left hand side of midfield, Sven ddnt even try this in any build-up friendlies be4 euro 2004, i cant b the only person who thinks this
Wed 04/08/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Scholes will say it's down to being able to spend more time with his young family and that, but I've got a feeling it's to do with all the pressure and a great loss of confidence at this level. Not only for the fact he hasn' scored for England in nearly 2 years, but that the team aren't performing to their true potential either - and the two just do not go together very well.

If something's not working, it needs to be changed or fixed.
Sven-Goran Eriksson is NOT a "man" to change things, so it's up to Paul Scholes to do something about it, and he has.

The next England manager, whoever it may turn out to be, will certainly wish he was available, though, I'm sure.

Even with Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and, er... David Beckham, I still think we're gonna miss him greatly, as that "missing link" who connects midfield and attack.

But, presuming his job is still as safe as it seems it could well now be, what will Eriksson do for a midfield, having no real understanding or eye for vision and creativity what-so-ever?

Certainly, not the right thing, I'm sure you'll agree. ;I
Wed 04/08/04 at 14:55
Regular
"no nonsense"
Foreman wrote:
> At least we won't miss him badly. He's a quality player, but we got
> the likes of Lampard and Gerrard in midfield.

i agree with u at tht note

> Just hoping the FA get rid of Sven quickly and replace him with a
> English manager. Someone like Steve McClaren would do a good job.

whoa! Steven McClaren is jst as bad as Sven. I agree tht we need a good english manager tho. Not sure who though.
Tue 03/08/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
At least we won't miss him badly. He's a quality player, but we got the likes of Lampard and Gerrard in midfield.

Just hoping the FA get rid of Sven quickly and replace him with a English manager. Someone like Steve McClaren would do a good job.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.