GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just finished Metroid Prime , and I have a few questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 05/02/05 at 23:43
Regular
"..."
First of all I want to know what the narrator was saying after beating the last boss, I couldn't hear what he said, so I want to know.
Secondly: Should I play on the hard difficulty ? I found the normal difficulty extremely hard, so is the hard difficulty beatable, or is it impossible ? And has anyone actually beat it on the hard difficulty ?
Thirdly: Are the Metroid Fusion connection bonuses worth buying Metroid Fusion ?
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:54
Regular
They were talking about Metroid Prime 2 for that one.

You can try hard mode if you want a challenge.
I did, but got bored about a quater way through.
Perhaps it would be best to leave it a little longer before going back. :-)

As to Fusion, it's not worth buying purely for the connection bonuses (Original Nes Metroid and Fusion Suit) but it's worth buying for the Metroid Fusion game, so long as you get it cheap! :-)
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:42
Regular
"..."
I don't remember a place called Sanctuary Fortress in Metroid Prime, are you sure that there was such a place ?
Sun 06/02/05 at 21:39
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I would have to say that Metroid Prime isn't a conventional first person shooter. It has been described in the past as "a platform game viewed from a first person perspective".
Sun 06/02/05 at 21:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
killer101 wrote:
> is it a good multiplayer? has it got mutliplayer missions?

Um. Metroid Prime doesn't have multiplayer.

Echoes has multiplayer but it's pretty basic.

Get Echoes, it's much better anyway.
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:31
Regular
"kill my enemys"
gerrid wrote:
> get Metroid 1 for £15 because there is the slight chance that
> you won't like it. It's also a great great game.

is it a good multiplayer? has it got mutliplayer missions?
Sun 06/02/05 at 17:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
get Metroid 1 for £15 because there is the slight chance that you won't like it. It's also a great great game.
Sun 06/02/05 at 17:22
Regular
"kill my enemys"
should i spend 15 quid on metroid prime 1 or 30 quid on metroid prime 2?
or maybe get a new game altogether?what do you lot recommend?
Sun 06/02/05 at 16:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The effects are better in MP2, the textures are more detailed. I wasn't saying that the environments were more varied, or better designed, I was saying the graphics are better. Which they are. The effects on the weapons are better, for a start.
Sun 06/02/05 at 14:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Santury Fortress looks nothing like anything else in the game. However I gotta agree the rest of the environments weren't as varied. They couldn't really do the fire/ice/forest extremes again though. The dark world gave that variety though, and the dark/light aspect is the thing that really made the sequel much more interesting than the first.
Sun 06/02/05 at 14:35
Regular
"bing bang bong"
gerrid wrote:
> the graphics weren't as good in the first, you can't argue against
> that. There was nothing like Sanctuary Fortress in the original.

Yes I can. The only point at which I'd say Echoes looks better than Prime is in the slightly better facial detail. While the environment detail in both game is about equivalent (and probably the best of any game I've ever played, save perhaps for Half-Life 2) I think Prime has a greater and more varied visual appeal, from the absolutely staggering detail in the Chozo Ruins to the rainforests. The different sections in Echoes look quite similar to each other - on the one hand this creates a more cohesive gameworld, but on the other hand makes the game look blander than the original. Plus the whole dark world colour theme is grey mixed with purple, which while creating the correct atmosphere does not make it all that pretty to look at.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.