GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just finished Metroid Prime , and I have a few questions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 05/02/05 at 23:43
Regular
"..."
First of all I want to know what the narrator was saying after beating the last boss, I couldn't hear what he said, so I want to know.
Secondly: Should I play on the hard difficulty ? I found the normal difficulty extremely hard, so is the hard difficulty beatable, or is it impossible ? And has anyone actually beat it on the hard difficulty ?
Thirdly: Are the Metroid Fusion connection bonuses worth buying Metroid Fusion ?
Tue 08/02/05 at 19:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Sanctuary Fortress is probably one of the best looking looking and greatest levels.
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ain't got there yet.

I've still got 4 Cube games on the go.

But Resi 4 has toppled them all.

Damn it.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> MP2 certainly had more detail. Just look at
> Sanctuary Fortress - it beats ANYTHING in the original Metroid.
>
> Of course it does.
> The original Metroid only consisted of about 5 colours.

:D Heheh.

And Miserableman, I really think you need to see the whole of the game before you can start comparing :| Sanctury Fortress is.. astoundingly detailed and beautiful.
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you are in for a TREAT.

I was going to ask, because no body who's played Sanctuary Fortress would say that the original looked better.
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:34
Regular
"bing bang bong"
gerrid wrote:
> Not if Half Life 2 has crisper graphics, more detail, and more
> impressive effects. MP2 certainly had more detail. Just look at
> Sanctuary Fortress - it beats ANYTHING in the original Metroid. It's
> down to taste, but I think MP2 looks nicer, except the Dark World,
> yes.

I'll be honest with you, I haven't got to the Sanctuary Fortress yet. I think it's the next place I have to go.
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:29
Regular
"bing bang bong"
munn wrote:
> Of course it does.
> The original Metroid only consisted of about 5 colours.

Are you talking about the NES version?
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:12
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> MP2 certainly had more detail. Just look at
> Sanctuary Fortress - it beats ANYTHING in the original Metroid.

Of course it does.
The original Metroid only consisted of about 5 colours.
Mon 07/02/05 at 17:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Miserableman wrote:
> Then you agree that Doom III has much better graphics than Half-Life
> 2? Just because the technology is better doesn't mean it's a
> better-looking game.

Not if Half Life 2 has crisper graphics, more detail, and more impressive effects. MP2 certainly had more detail. Just look at Sanctuary Fortress - it beats ANYTHING in the original Metroid. It's down to taste, but I think MP2 looks nicer, except the Dark World, yes.
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:02
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Strafio wrote:
> As to Fusion, it's not worth buying purely for the connection bonuses
> (Original Nes Metroid and Fusion Suit) but it's worth buying for the
> Metroid Fusion game, so long as you get it cheap! :-)

I actually think Fusion is one of the most terrifying games I've ever played. The encounters with the X-virus left me a quivering smear of a man.
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:00
Regular
"bing bang bong"
gerrid wrote:
> The effects are better in MP2, the textures are more detailed. I
> wasn't saying that the environments were more varied, or better
> designed, I was saying the graphics are better. Which they are. The
> effects on the weapons are better, for a start.

Then you agree that Doom III has much better graphics than Half-Life 2? Just because the technology is better doesn't mean it's a better-looking game. I thought the texturing in Echoes was superlative, but I don't remember the texturing in Prime to be any less superlative. To me they look almost identical, but the former game had more varied environments and imo more visual appeal, due to the more hostile, grittier dark-world colour palette of the sequel. Of course some people might like that, but I've always been a sucker for primary colours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.