GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting engaged"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I am getting engaged within the next 3 weeks, I haven't decided when I should do it or how I should do it. I have two ways in my mind that I can propose to my girlfriend, the first one is to propose to her on our 6th month anniversary as we are going to a nice restaurant that night to celebrate six months of being together, the restauarant would be a nice place to propose, a more traditional (and boring) way of proposing, then again I'm not exactly a traditional and boring guy. So my other way of proposing was to do it at the anime convention we are going to, do it at the karaoke which is being held there, you know, change the words of a song so that it comes out as 'will you marry me' I just don't know what way I should propose, I think that if I did it at the convention that it would make our first anime convention much more memorable, either way I know that my girlfriend will be very pleased but I'm unsure of the best way, any thoughts?
Thu 29/07/04 at 07:58
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Well said Bullett!
Thu 29/07/04 at 06:58
Regular
Bloody hell! What is with you lot??

Why do you feel the need to get so judgemental and negative over this guy's situation? Because of your own insecurities? It would possibly seem so...

I got engaged to my girlfriend 3 Months into our relationship. People said it wouldn't last - now 2 and a half years later I can safely say we must be doing something right. We're looking for our own place but that's as far as it goes - for now. No kids. She wasn't my first love either.

I honestly can't understand how ignorant/shallow/discouraging the majority of you are, I mean, life is full of mistakes - you've got to make a start somewhere or you'll never really progress in life. Black Hole's situation may end in tears, a risk he's willing to take (and I took too), but there's every chance he's hit the jackpot and found his life partner. It's not all negativity in this world, you know.

This is a big commitment he's taking up - if anything, he needs encouragement and confidence, not negative views of heartache and distress. If it goes wrong, so what? It's just another kick in the balls from Life itself.

Lay off this guy will ya? If he wants to do this, let him. Stop whining about "18 being too young", "are you sure" and "it won't work/it's too soon".

Black Hole, I wish you all the best. You obviously seem sure and only time will tell. Sure, it's a big decision to make but only the weak avoid such pressures. You'll be fine, hoewever it turns out. Good Luck.

One word of advice though - DON'T get a joint bank account until you are 100% certain everything's good :-D

EDIT - Not all of you lot, some of you are positive - which is nice
Thu 29/07/04 at 00:46
Regular
18yrs old and 6 months into a relationship what the heck?
Who is Black hole anyway?
Thu 29/07/04 at 00:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah, good luck anyway. I'm just my cynical, lonely self.
Wed 28/07/04 at 23:50
Regular
"relocated"
Good luck, mate. Screw what everyone else thinks and do what makes you happy.

SHEEPY wrote:
> never ask someone to marry you at karoke at a convention of any kind.

Pure gold. I will never, never forget that advice.
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Me and you know it'll happen Venom
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:52
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You're getting engaged... then you're off to Uni? And her the year after?

Now, just one little thing to point out here. I've been at uni four years. Every year I see a new crowd of freshers move in. A sizeable number of them are in serious relationships, claiming they are deeply in love, etc. Most of these are also their first serious relationship.

And you know what?
Nine out of ten of them break up in the first couple of terms. Even those that've been together for 2-3 years. All gone in a few months.

Now, I'm not saying this'll happen to you. I'm just saying that it happens to 90% of couples at uni. And NONE of them thought there was a chance it would.
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
You're 18

You've been going out for 6 months

:|
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Erm

Sheepy's advice: Wait a few more years, go out for more months and never ask someone to marry you at karoke at a convention of any kind.
Wed 28/07/04 at 21:10
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Me and my partner have been together since we were 16, we got engaged about 3 months in to the relationship. Although we have no plans to marry anytime soon.

Either way good luck to you, you'll know the best way to do it. when the time feels right. Whether that be romantic or just out of the blue. No matter what it will be a special time for the both of you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.