GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting engaged"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I am getting engaged within the next 3 weeks, I haven't decided when I should do it or how I should do it. I have two ways in my mind that I can propose to my girlfriend, the first one is to propose to her on our 6th month anniversary as we are going to a nice restaurant that night to celebrate six months of being together, the restauarant would be a nice place to propose, a more traditional (and boring) way of proposing, then again I'm not exactly a traditional and boring guy. So my other way of proposing was to do it at the anime convention we are going to, do it at the karaoke which is being held there, you know, change the words of a song so that it comes out as 'will you marry me' I just don't know what way I should propose, I think that if I did it at the convention that it would make our first anime convention much more memorable, either way I know that my girlfriend will be very pleased but I'm unsure of the best way, any thoughts?
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I am getting engaged within the next 3 weeks, I haven't decided when I should do it or how I should do it. I have two ways in my mind that I can propose to my girlfriend, the first one is to propose to her on our 6th month anniversary as we are going to a nice restaurant that night to celebrate six months of being together, the restauarant would be a nice place to propose, a more traditional (and boring) way of proposing, then again I'm not exactly a traditional and boring guy. So my other way of proposing was to do it at the anime convention we are going to, do it at the karaoke which is being held there, you know, change the words of a song so that it comes out as 'will you marry me' I just don't know what way I should propose, I think that if I did it at the convention that it would make our first anime convention much more memorable, either way I know that my girlfriend will be very pleased but I'm unsure of the best way, any thoughts?
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:18
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"

6 months is a bit soon don't you think?

and are you not 17?

Also, will you be getting married any time soon?
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:19
Regular
"\\"
Ohhh. Do it the second way... And get someone to take a video camera... Please!
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:35
Regular
The second way sounds the best - and being really public, you'll have a great atmosphere when she says yes - and some free drinks!
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:36
Regular
"You fail in life!"
~Darling~ wrote:
> ...
>
> 6 months is a bit soon don't you think?
>
> and are you not 17?
>
> Also, will you be getting married any time soon?

It's not the time, you get engaged when you think that you are ready to get married, just because I have only been with my girlfriend for 6 months should'nt be a factor, we may have only been together for 6 months but to us it seems like SIX YEARS!.

I am not 17 by the way, I am 18.

We won't be getting married for a few years yet as we want to save up for our own place and have a nice wedding and honeymoon, we may only be teens but we want to remember our wedding in a good way.
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
You're 17, only been going out 6 months, and you want to get engaged?

Jeez, have a nice life....

I'd say the first way is the best as it's more private, whilst the second way may be attractive but if all does not go well then you're well and truly screwed. It could end up being your last anime convention together.

EDIT: Sorry for being Mr Misery, but you're going to need to save up a lot longer than three years to get your own place unless you have parents willing to give you a sizeable hand or you want to live in the local 'Beirut'. Swift reality check needed methinks.
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
The second way sounds a lot more memorable to me, perhaps will be a better memory in years to come?

That's just my thought though...
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:48
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Why make such a big decision while you are both so young? Is this the same girls who's mum wouldn't let her see you? And if you are so sure you are both ment to be together then you'll have many more years to get engaged so why rush and put that strain on your relationship?

Just my thoughts, my sis got engaged at 18 and she's married with a baby so it could work out, i hope it does and wish you both the best of luck.
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:50
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> You're 17, only been going out 6 months, and you want to get engaged?
>
> Jeez, have a nice life....
>
> I'd say the first way is the best as it's more private, whilst the
> second way may be attractive but if all does not go well then you're
> well and truly screwed. It could end up being your last anime
> convention together.
>
> EDIT: Sorry for being Mr Misery, but you're going to need to save up
> a lot longer than three years to get your own place unless you have
> parents willing to give you a sizeable hand or you want to live in
> the local 'Beirut'. Swift reality check needed methinks.

I don't actually mean BUYING a place, the two of us will be able to rent as soon as a place is available which is within our budget, I wont have to worry about the con being our last, I know she will say yes, my mum let it slip that I got her an engagement ring so my gf took me aside and said that she would marry me, of course I have'nt given her any sort of details about the engagement.

FOR THE LAST TIME I AM 18!.

Additionally, I WILL HAVE A NICE LIFE!
Wed 28/07/04 at 19:51
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Why rent?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.