GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's one hurdle cleared..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/07/04 at 22:43
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
An MSN conversation with Alec:

i'm still the man with a plan, i just haven't got it all sorted yet says:
[URL]http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144648,00.html[/URL]

:D :D :D

Everton FC - Funniest team in the universe says:
lol

even you must not believe that

:o

lol

stevie is miles better

yay :)
----------------

All we need now is to convince him that Gerrard is better than Lampard, and my work will be complete :D
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:43
Regular
oh my god! Lampard played 62 games last season! scoring 20 goals!

Gerrard scored 7 in 57 games. Impressive turnout!
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:27
Regular
Oh and by the way Gerrard only got 3 (4 in all matches) yellow cards in the league (looked it up just now)which is very impressive, for such a combative player.

[lampard got 3 (4 in all) too but playedfar more games. (but thats irrelevant)]

More to the point odds are Gerrard will be at chelsea in the next couple of the seasons, Its sad and you might not want to accept it, but in all likelyhood you know its true. As soon as he joins us he won't be club captain anymore, he will be below terry, and although it shouldn't it will improve terry's position and weaken gerrards for the International captaincy.
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:26
Regular
yes but i had conceded the tackling issue.

Gerrard is more experienced in the England squad thats the only reason he was stand in captain!

Micheal Owen is Vice captain and that shows how poor our leadership is. Beckham will be in the england squad till Euro 2008, when he will probably retire from international football or at least after whicxh he won't be guaranteed his place (33-34). He will remain captain till then unless something unpredictable happens then.

I doubt Gerrard will be the next England captain severely. The intelligent money is on John Terry. Coinciding (maybe before)with Beckhams loss of captaincy will be sol Campbell losing his regular first team England place. At the Mo its a big 3 way battle. By the time Beckham loses the captaincy it will be Rio and terry guaranteed first partnership. Terry is the only natural leader in the whole england squad, but can't be captain at the mo due to inexperience and the fact we can't just boot our captain for an upstart low in the experienced pecking order. He was picked out even 3 or 4 years ago as potential england captain by the FA and even sven said he saw terry as a potential england leader a few days after he got ruled out of the squad by those lies.

Gerrard is the school boy captain, whilst no doubt exceptionally talented he was given the captaincy for this reason. Hyppia wasn't performing and wasnb't even guaranteed his place for a while. Liverpool had nobody else and so gave it to their most talented player.

Lampard on the other hand is vice captain of chelsea. Behind one of the most influential players in the league. and formally third choice behind probably the most successful Centre back of the last ten-fifteen years. As well as captaining most peoples strongest international team in the world
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Ashley wrote:

> Gerrard is famed for his two footed lunge

That was the season 2002-2003 but last season if my memory serves me correctly only recieved one yellow card which goes to prove his tackling has improved a helluva lot.

>he also was the one who was used on the left of the
> diamond rather than the holding position, in favour of frank lampard,
> who still manages to score. >

That's because Gerrard is such a good player that he can play anywhere in midfield while Lampard wouldn't do as good a job as Gerrard in that position.

Plus the talk is to have Gerrard as the next England captain not Lampard as he is better at motivating his team and holding them together.
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:18
Regular
a more powerful shot? I can think of about 2 or 3 players in the world with harder shots! gerrards shots always dribble along the ground towards the bottom corner admittedly they work but can't even nearly compare.

A great percentage of lampards goals are outside the Box, he hit the cross bar from 40-45 yards (just short of the centre circle-no joke) with a power shot (not a lob) in the fa cup last season.

The tackling issue is an interesting one. Gerrard is famed for his two footed lunge, he also was the one who was used on the left of the diamond rather than the holding position, in favour of frank lampard, who still manages to score. I'd probably give you the tackling one, but only just.

Oh and both Lampard and gerrards workrate is equal to anyone arounds.

I'll take the tackling argument, the shot argument was clearly a joke so i'll let you off.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:32
Regular
Gerrard has a more powerful shot, he's better in the tackle, his workrate is far superior. The reason he doesn't score as many goals is that Lampard is an out-and-out attacking midfielder with Makelele to fill the gap he goes going forward. Stevie has to play that gap too. He can't go all-out attack, Hamann couldn't cope. Liverpool would've folded last season if Stevie had attacked Lampard-style. He would've scored more goals, but so would've the opposition.

Now, I'm not taking anything away from Lampard, he's an awesome player. I just think when it comes to the all-round midfielder, Gerrard and Viera are in a class of their own. And I believe Gerrard edges it as the best all round midfielder in the world.
Sun 25/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
nope, :-), it would be awesome pairing him with lampard in midfield. People would look at our team sheet and crap themselves with fear, especially if we signed a world class right midfielder.
Sun 25/07/04 at 23:47
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
You can't believe that, surely; Chelsea would be champions now if he was there last season!

...they clicked onto that fact by trying to sign him for this season :P
Sun 25/07/04 at 23:41
Regular
i genuinely think we would have done significantly worse with out him. The question you have to ask is would chelsea have done better if gerrard had been there last season instead of lampard. and i think they would not have.
Sun 25/07/04 at 23:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
But you had a squad full of "Superstars" to help him ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.