GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's one hurdle cleared..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/07/04 at 22:43
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
An MSN conversation with Alec:

i'm still the man with a plan, i just haven't got it all sorted yet says:
[URL]http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144648,00.html[/URL]

:D :D :D

Everton FC - Funniest team in the universe says:
lol

even you must not believe that

:o

lol

stevie is miles better

yay :)
----------------

All we need now is to convince him that Gerrard is better than Lampard, and my work will be complete :D
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:

I reckon no-one but Liverpool fans watched England 5 Germany 1.
--------------

I've just sent him the screamer Gerrard scored against the Mancs a while ago; let's see if he changes his tune ;)
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:50
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
> Lil Bro wrote:
>
> Strkye from what I've just read of your, you talk absolute sh!te.
> Gerrard having a harder shot than Lampard? I have never seen Gerrard
> hit a screamer from outside the area like Lampard does on a regular
> basis.
> -------------
>
> Hmmmm...

--

I reckon no-one but Liverpool fans watched England 5 Germany 1.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Stryke wrote:
> Ashley wrote:
> Micheal Owen is Vice captain and that shows how poor our leadership
> is.
>
> --
>
> Oh do shut up.

Are you saying tiny Michael Owen would make a good captain? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No-one, and I repeat no one in the England squad would listen to him, and quite frankly they shouldn't. A captain has to be a huge name, who is respected as a player. Why would people respect Owen? For his monstrous sum of one goal at the Euros? His constant poor form recently?

Face it, he's the worst captain England could have.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:48
Regular
So you're saying a forward can't be a captain? I'm understanding you right?

I'm sure we've got a Newcastle fan around here somewhere. Come forward, Toon man, and deliver to this Chelsea buffoon a post about the manificent captain that is Alan Shearer. I'm sure a Man U man will rant for hours about Eric Cantona.

Position doesn't mean anything. It's about ability to provide a good motivational figure for your team. And you'll find someone who did that better than Steven Gerrard last season. It's not about charging forward from midfield and scoring good goals, as Lampard does. It's about being there when your team needs it. You see Stevie do that. If you watched any of Liverpool's games last season, when we were behind (and we often were), Stevie was everywhere, leading by example and the like. I remember one game where Mikey was looking downcast, Stevie chatted to him during a break in play, and pretty much immediately after Mikey popped up in the area to convert a superb little half-volley from a Stevie long pass. I was sold on Sami as our captain, thought he was doing a good job more or less. But Stevie has been colossal.

I don't see why you want Stevie at your club so much if you love Lampard's position of authority. How long d'you think he'll last as vice when Stevie gets there? Two seasons - tops.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:48
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Lil Bro wrote:

Strkye from what I've just read of your, you talk absolute sh!te. Gerrard having a harder shot than Lampard? I have never seen Gerrard hit a screamer from outside the area like Lampard does on a regular basis.
-------------

Hmmmm...
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Strkye from what I've just read of your, you talk absolute sh!te. Gerrard having a harder shot than Lampard? I have never seen Gerrard hit a screamer from outside the area like Lampard does on a regular basis.

I remember ;ast season in some game where the ball just fell to Lamprad 35 yards out and he smacked it, the ball cannoned off the crossbar and had ti gone in, would surely have been goal of the season. (After Kanoute's obviosly)! But seriously, all Gerrard's roll along the floor, they can't (and don't) match Lampard's.

You're saying Gerrard's versatile 'cos he played on the left for England, whereas Lampard played defensive mid? Surely that's not a real point at all because defensive mid isn't Lampard's first position, he plays attacking mid, hence he scores all those goals.

Gerrard is just dirty and goes in hard, that is no reason why he scores less goals! Super Frank gets the tackles in too, and he still managed to score nearly 3 times as many goals as Gerrard, in merely 5 more games.

So let's face it, as I said earlier:

Lampard> Gerrard

(By the way, I'm not saying Gerrard's a bad player)
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:16
Regular
i'm not advocating lampard as England Captain as it won't happen, ever. I never at any point said he would be. It will be terry after Beckham i nigh on guarantee it.

Micheal Owen is atrocious as a stand in captain. Good enough player completely timid, and accept in exceptional circumstances i believe a captain should always be a Centre back or a Centre Midfielder.

Gerrard is a good captian, i'm not taking that away from him, just saying he won't be England captain. And how being captain isn't a reflection of ability. Zidane has only just become france captain for Godsake!

Yes Lampard isn't a Viera or whatever but that doesn't matter he is a Zidane STYLE forward (not comparing them in terms of ability!!!! NOT comparing in terms of ability!!!!!NOT comparing in terms of ability!!!!). And is equally if not more valuable when paired with a player of that ilk. However would still be quality by himself with HAmman or the likes.

Fact is i'd love to have gerrard at chelsea and equally await next summer when he is prancing around in our lovely blue shirt, and appearing next to Lampard in the swimsuit magazine.
Mon 26/07/04 at 14:52
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Just seen Sky Sports News now...Klinsmann as Germany Coach
Mon 26/07/04 at 14:49
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> > Micheal Owen is Vice captain and that shows how poor our leadership
> is.

--

Oh do shut up.

--

> I doubt Gerrard will be the next England captain severely. The
> intelligent money is on John Terry. Terry is the only natural leader in the whole england squad

--

Everyone is pegging Stevie as the next captain - as in all the experienced sports journalists who aren't blinded by club loyalites, I might add.

--
>
> Gerrard is the school boy captain, whilst no doubt exceptionally
> talented he was given the captaincy for this reason. Hyppia wasn't
> performing and wasnb't even guaranteed his place for a while.
> Liverpool had nobody else and so gave it to their most talented
> player.

--

Oh really? So being captain hasn't added volumes to Stevie's game? Look at the way he drove his team, led them forward single-handedly when confidence was low for the entire team. He's superb captaincy material.

--

> Lampard on the other hand is vice captain of chelsea.

--

Which, obviously, qualifies him for captaincy of England. He's vice-captain of a club where he'll never be full captain, seeing as John Terry is younger. Whereas Stevie is younger than Lampard and already has a years experience as captain - a year in which he proved how good a captain was. So back you go to your room and draw that captain's armband on your Lampard swimsuit calendar and gaze at it adoringly. It's the closest he'll be getting.
Mon 26/07/04 at 14:44
Regular
Lampard isn't a Gerrard/Viera/Keane(back in the day) type. That's the point. You need to play Lampard alongside a holding midfield player like Makelele/Smertin otherwise there are gaping holes in the midfield.

He only played in the holding role against Japan, and he was hopeless then. In Euro 2004 it was a flat 4, with Stevie and Lamps in the middle. Stevie held back - he had to to compensate for Lampard's forward movement. This isn't a criticism of Lampard, so don't get angry. He's an attacking midfielder, not a complete midfielder like Steven Gerrard is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.