GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's one hurdle cleared..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/07/04 at 22:43
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
An MSN conversation with Alec:

i'm still the man with a plan, i just haven't got it all sorted yet says:
[URL]http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144648,00.html[/URL]

:D :D :D

Everton FC - Funniest team in the universe says:
lol

even you must not believe that

:o

lol

stevie is miles better

yay :)
----------------

All we need now is to convince him that Gerrard is better than Lampard, and my work will be complete :D
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:06
Regular
so he (gerrard)hit one shot that ran a long the ground from just outside the box. LAmpard scored about ten from that distance or further last season.

The words exceptional were used for a reason, stryke! I said except for in exceptional circumstances. I typed that with the shearer's of this world in mind. The truly inspirational player who does so much to inspire his team. However nearly every great captain of the past (go on, think off the names that spring to mind) have pretty much all been Centre Backs or centre Midfielders. This is because they are in the battle always involved and rarely muted. The Viera's and Keane's who you are so quick to mention have thrived of this and inspired the team from the centre. As has Gerrard and Terry. The Adams', Desailly's, Keanes, Viera'sButcher's, Moore's, Platini's, Baresi's, cannavaro's of this world are the people who are the beating heart of the team.

The main exceptions to the rule i can think of who are still playing who are quality captains are Raul and Shearer, Only players of genuine class and influence can sustain such a role over people in footballing positions of power ie the positioned i named. Beckham can't do it, he is just a reputation and a decent player but doesn't have the abilities. Maldini could do it at left back. The truly great captains are nearly all in similar moulds. Schmeichel is a nother good example but they are few and far between.
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Just ignore him, he's got the football knowledge of a lentil. I'm in
> remembering mode at the moment. Liverpool 5 - Germnay 1. Twas a good
> night.
>
> A player's only as good as his last game. How long ago was that
> famous night? Look more in the present, at oohh, let's say Euro 2004?
> How many goals did Owen score? Lampard, a midfielder, scored three
> times that.

No combat to that eh?
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Colourless"
Stryke wrote:
> Ah, Colourless my friend,

You've never called me that before?

:D

I'm mre worried about Cisse than your Mikeybaby. But I've never questioned Gerrard's ability.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:59
Regular
Ah, Colourless my friend, we'll see if it was back in the day when Mikey and Stevie destroy you at Stamford Bridge :)
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:59
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:

Just ignore him, he's got the football knowledge of a lentil. I'm in remembering mode at the moment. Liverpool 5 - Germnay 1. Twas a good night.
---------------

I remember the next match aswell: Liverpool 2 - 0 Albania :)
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Colourless"
Stryke wrote:
> I reckon no-one but Liverpool fans watched England 5 Germany 1.

Everyone did. Hence they've been saying Gerrard's shots creep along the ground....

Are we not in agreement that his goal went along the floor into the bottom corner.

Besides, that quality goal was back in the day. Back then, even Owen was good :P x 5
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Stryke wrote:
> Just ignore him, he's got the football knowledge of a lentil. I'm in
> remembering mode at the moment. Liverpool 5 - Germnay 1. Twas a good
> night.

A player's only as good as his last game. How long ago was that famous night? Look more in the present, at oohh, let's say Euro 2004? How many goals did Owen score? Lampard, a midfielder, scored three times that.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:55
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
The first one makes comlpete sense, the second one is sh!te, heh ignore it.

Stu, you just sent me one goal, ONE goal. You can show me one example, Lampard does it often.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:54
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
>
> I reckon no-one but Liverpool fans watched England 5 Germany 1.
> --------------
>
> I've just sent him the screamer Gerrard scored against the Mancs a
> while ago; let's see if he changes his tune ;)

--

Just ignore him, he's got the football knowledge of a lentil. I'm in remembering mode at the moment. Liverpool 5 - Germnay 1. Twas a good night.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:53
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> Strkye from what I've just read of your, you talk absolute sh!te.

--

>
> You're saying Gerrard's versatile 'cos he played on the left for
> England, whereas Lampard played defensive mid?

>
> Gerrard is just dirty and goes in hard, that is no reason why he
> scores less goals!

--

Your ignorance astounds me, and (bad spelling aside), the absolute gems of stupidity you have just outlined contributes to the list of reasons why I have decide to ignore every single bit of drivel that you spew onto these forums from now on. I'll argue with the Chelseamen in peace now, little boy. Go and play with your Ledley King action model.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.