GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VOTE HERE FOR CHAT (OR NOT)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/04/01 at 21:50
Regular
Should Special Reserve have a chat room?

Or not.

One "man" one vote.

State you arguments too.

(Several days have now elapsed)

Here is the result of the Vote:

These guys voted NO:
Ant
Fishstick
Darkness
Bronzefinger
Sniper
Goatboy
Webmaster
M16
Terry

These guys voted or interpreted as YES:
Reaper
er-no
The Game
Monkey
Laurence
pb
Venom
Lewq
Morrigan
Time Warp
Grix

These guys are on the FENCE:
Batistuta
Tony
Tarrant
Sheepy
Edgy - who doesn't really care cos he doesn't use chatrooms much at all....
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:49
Darkness_2K wrote:
> It looks like a majority vote - NO!

A majority of about 1 vote! - but as I said, it doesn't take a large percentage at all to make it a great success and very much worthwhile.

We don't get that many emails to our support address considering the number of users we have but if Tony is worried about getting requests for support, we will handle that ([email protected]) - we have several people set up to answer questions to that address. I don't know what more we can offer really.. we are prepared to help as much as we are asked to. And the Java applet we use has proven itself over many months to be by far the most reliable and work for 99.9% of users.
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:48
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Goatboy wrote:
> Speaking of which, pick a name and stick to it

You know what I'm
> talking about boy!

Who was that directed at, boy! :D
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Speaking of which, pick a name and stick to it

You know what I'm talking about boy!
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:46
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
No, its just that, oviously, you are biased. If a majority of people don't want it, it will be a wate of time and effort.

Darkness
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:45
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
No.

I think that it would destroy the quality discussions that we already have on FOG. Yes there will still be posts but if everyone is chatting to eachother about game sin a chatroom, they’re not going to do the same on the FOG again.

Also, I have a few people on MSN so that does me fine.
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:44
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> I suppose my vote is 'NO' but this is mainly due to the fact that I
> wouldn't use it.

If just 10% of people here wanted to use the chatroom, it would become a great success. There's no point in denying others the opportunity to chat if they want to, because we're all different, best to let people have the options to do what they prefer.
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
It looks like a majority vote - NO!
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:42
I dont understand why you are having problems. It works for thousands of users, we have hardly ever known any problems. It seems that there may be a problem for users of iMacs using a certain browser, but other than that it's fine for all other platforms/browsers. Just use normal characters/numbers for your chat names, as with other things such as email accounts, login names for forums, etc.

If the applet does not work for anyone, they can use the CGI client, which can even be used in schools/colleges where the chat ports are blocked and on systems that have problems with Java. CGI works for everyone.

Would you like me to provide you with HTML code (which you can edit) for the Java and CGI clients? Or would you like me to create a page on our site for you? Whichever you choose is fine by me.

If you need to speak to me by phone then I specified my number when i signed up for this account, so feel free to phone me (or email me [email protected] for the number).
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:36
I suppose my vote is 'NO' but this is mainly due to the fact that I wouldn't use it.

I don't think I'd mind it being there but I would not benefit from its existence.

Make what you will of that!??!?!?!?!?!??!!!??!?
Thu 26/04/01 at 16:34
My connection I had to the chat server timed out and then seemed to lock me out. Even when I came back to the site I could not connect.

In the end I just opened up IE and managed to connect.

My vote is NO for the chatroom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.