GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/07/04 at 11:25
"Majestic"
Welcome to the Official Animal Crossing Thread, this message will be updated accordingly. Please use this thread for anything Animal crossing related, and have a good time!

Animal Crossing is due for release on the 24/09/2004

I've never really been excited about this game, probably because it required importing and messing about with a freeloader. But since I’ve read The Crossing Guardian ( [URL]http://www.nintendo-europe.com/microsite/animalcrossing/enGB/[/URL] ) i can't wait to play it. It also boasts Multiplayer, which i am really looking forward to. Just a shame we have to wait another 2 and half months for something that’s been out ages in America.

Anyone else looking forward?
Sat 03/07/04 at 11:25
"Majestic"
Welcome to the Official Animal Crossing Thread, this message will be updated accordingly. Please use this thread for anything Animal crossing related, and have a good time!

Animal Crossing is due for release on the 24/09/2004

I've never really been excited about this game, probably because it required importing and messing about with a freeloader. But since I’ve read The Crossing Guardian ( [URL]http://www.nintendo-europe.com/microsite/animalcrossing/enGB/[/URL] ) i can't wait to play it. It also boasts Multiplayer, which i am really looking forward to. Just a shame we have to wait another 2 and half months for something that’s been out ages in America.

Anyone else looking forward?
Sat 03/07/04 at 11:33
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've already got it, and I've got it up for sale on ebay at the moment, just to make myself a bit of money (I'll get the one in September, don't you worry).

What can I say? It's the most amazing and unique ame that I've ever had the pleasure to play on my Gamecube. For the first 60 hours, the menial tasks just seem a joy, and you don't question why half the village have lent a hens gameboy, or why the police don't question you for taking everything out of the lost and found. It's just simply superb, is what I say. The NES games make it even more special, and games like Excitebike and Balloon Fight just make you feel so special - it's nothing you couldn't get on an emulator, but the fact you're playing a Nintendo game ON A NINTENDO GAME just makes it that bit more special.

It's all in real time, as well, so when it's July, it'll be summer, the nights will be shorter, the days longer, along with fishing events and such, whilst when it's Junuary, it'll be winter, and the days are shorter, nights longer, and people make little igloos to gamble with you. Crazy.

Decorating your house is quite a good time, too. Finding the right sets of furniture, and placing it all perfectly can be spent hours on, as well as teh ability to make your own wallpapers, carpets and shirts... it's just amazing.
Sat 03/07/04 at 12:02
"Majestic"
Sounds ace.

>In real time...
Do your animals die if you leave them for a week?
Sat 03/07/04 at 12:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No, you don't have to eat anything or owt - they just keep on living. However, teh village gets filled with weeds, and the house gets filled with roaches, which you have to run over, which is quite funny.

The villagers also say stuff like 'I've not seen you for a week, Pyon'

Of course, you can name your vilager and town whatever you want and stuff, which is nice. You can also get the other villagers to say stuff, like, after a while they'll say something like 'what are all the cool kids saying', and you can tell them something like 'bumclouds', and, from then on, they'll finish nearly every sentence with 'bumclouds', or whatever.

There's just too much to this game to say over an internet forum. You really need to play it to experience.
Sat 03/07/04 at 12:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've had this a year now.. it's pretty good, but like all things it's limited. If life sims are your cup of tea then this will be your Earl Grey with all the extras. It's a great idea: life goes on even when you're not playing. Simple. You'll get bored of it after a few months though. My advice is to limit yourself to how long you're going to play per day to try and delay boredom setting in.

Oh, and if you muck up, just press reset and see what happens :)
Sat 03/07/04 at 12:21
Regular
": ("
I was gonna get it but decided to get Harvest Moon instead, it looks better than HM but I can wait two months.
Sat 03/07/04 at 12:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I spent about 100 hours on it within like, a month, and, after that, I didn't want to play it again.

Don't overplay it is one peice of advice that I'll offer to you. As tphi said, it is limited, but you only seem to notice that when you come to the end of your play time, and begin to bore of it. Whilst you can, do the jobs, get your furniture, design your clothes (which, if you put them up for viewing, you might see other villagers wearing, which is an extremely sweet surprise, especially when it's your rendition of Pac-Man), and go to Totakeke every Friday/Saturday (can't remember which) night to listen to his songs. The best ones are the ones you'll be humming to every time you walk in yuour house, and hear it on the radio (as he gives you a 'copy' of it, once he's done). You really can't beat a singing dog.

You can send other villagers letters and gifts, to which they'll reply and even give you gifts back, though, admitedly, they don't always understand the letters, which is a shame. But the fun of telling your neighbour that you 'hope they die in a train wreck', like my mate did on mine, is quite superb, especially when they keep showing it tpo you, saying that it's 'sweet'.

Just try to get someone to play it with you, as well. There's nothing better than sharing a village with your mate, brother or partener, and the genius of digging up their plants, and chopping down their trees is superb.

Just get it. Please, pre-order it now.
Sat 03/07/04 at 14:16
"Majestic"
I will...
Sat 03/07/04 at 15:55
Regular
I too have missed out on Animal Crossing and cannot wait till it is released in September.

As for the reason why it took so long to reach Europe, well put it down to the mass of text and the fact that there are so many languages and different holidays to appease.
Sat 03/07/04 at 16:06
Regular
It's Saturday night that the singing dog comes out, tribute. I shall re-purchase this when it comes out.

Will it have all our holidays? none of those silly Americans "July 4th" crap.

There should be a trading post/diary on here again that was genius.

"Woke up today and found cockroach, stood on it and then listened to music. I then went started hitting my neighbour with a net. :D"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.