GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/07/04 at 11:25
"Majestic"
Welcome to the Official Animal Crossing Thread, this message will be updated accordingly. Please use this thread for anything Animal crossing related, and have a good time!

Animal Crossing is due for release on the 24/09/2004

I've never really been excited about this game, probably because it required importing and messing about with a freeloader. But since I’ve read The Crossing Guardian ( [URL]http://www.nintendo-europe.com/microsite/animalcrossing/enGB/[/URL] ) i can't wait to play it. It also boasts Multiplayer, which i am really looking forward to. Just a shame we have to wait another 2 and half months for something that’s been out ages in America.

Anyone else looking forward?
Tue 06/07/04 at 15:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tis true.. And you get sets of animal types. Like a set of prissy ones, a set of ones obsessed with fitness etc. So although there are 120 different animals, there's only about 8 sets of responses.

Though whether they'd bother translating the NES roms I dunno.. most don't have much text in them anyway.

My favourite character is not one of the house-dwelling ones, its the guy who runs the boat who sings those weird songs.
Tue 06/07/04 at 14:55
Regular
What I don't understand is why there are such huge amounts of text...

I have the import version and a lot of the characters often just repeat things to me.
Mon 05/07/04 at 20:21
"Majestic"
Great stuff !
Mon 05/07/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yes, it's the official thread. We only need one.

;)
Mon 05/07/04 at 20:13
"Majestic"
Are we classing this as the offical Animal Crossing thread then? or...
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
They'll localise it for Europe.. make the events non-American.. but apart from language changes I don't see them changing anything specific to each country.
Sun 04/07/04 at 23:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
They'll localise it for each country, or, otherwise, there's no point in localising it at all.
Sun 04/07/04 at 23:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
mattributé wrote:
> And yes, it's being fulled localised, so we'll be celebrating erm...
> Saint Georges day? and Bank Holidays? Bah, we don't have any major
> holiday, unlike the damn Americans.

I doubt it'll be *that* localised.. to have St. George's Day. I mean the game will be played Europe-wide, so having a day for every patron saint would be too excessive.

My guess is that essentially none of the events will change (because then the collectable item you get from Tortimer would have to be a different design etc.) but that they'll be called UK-friendly things.
Sun 04/07/04 at 11:38
"Majestic"
Those Yanks have a holiday every week...

But we have Bonfire night, that’s as English as English can be.
Then there’s that daft Holiday, Halloween -
Christmas is Always a good one,
Pancake Day,
Easter,
Then some Clinton Cards invented holidays (Chin Ching);
Valentines Day,
Mothers Day,
Fathers Day,

I can't think of any more really...
Sun 04/07/04 at 11:23
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> And yes, it's being fulled localised, so we'll be celebrating erm...
> Saint Georges day? and Bank Holidays? Bah, we don't have any major
> holiday, unlike the damn Americans.

Guy Fawke's day aka Bonfire Night?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.