GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yeah, I hunted the guards first by sniping then brought out my anit-tank rocket launcher. I did attempt to do it with a helicopter, but there is far to many AA vehicles around there, so I perched on top of the hill near by until it was clear to scoop the inspectors out.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:27
Regular
"8==="
Do you think any of this missions change depending on which faction's like you and which don't? I mean obviously out in the field they'll shoot at you regardless. But I'm enemies with the South Koreans and that's who the Chinese want me to attack, I wonder if I was enemies with the mafia/allies if the Chinese would have me attack them instead?

I'm also wondering if I went to the factions in a different order if I might get different missions...
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:24
Regular
"8==="
Yeah the tents appear to all have their floors made out of LARGE wooden floorboards (read chunks of giant timber), which is a bit odd but really cool to watch explode (whilst running away at top speed).

Think that AN inspector rescue was the one I did with the crazy helicopter rescue I was talking about. Was there 3 of them?
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
That's probably why I haven't done it yet, the Chinese are extremely hostile towards me. Sounds like a good mission though, a bit like the one where you have to rescue AN inspectors, whilst tanks and guards patrol around them, except without the blowing up of the buildings.

Just blew up a settlement of tents and I got badly injured when a piece of one hit me. I didn't know tents could be so threatening.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:16
Regular
"8==="
Hearts.

It's the one where the Chinese want you to attack the South Korean city and blow up 3 buildings.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:14
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
What mission is that and what suit are you on now?
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:12
Regular
"8==="
I'm trying some mad ideas now, aside from my CIA-style helicopter rescue (detailed below). I've got a new idea for a mission I've just started.

I have to blow up 3 buildings so my plan is (and I've started this but the g/f's watching the rugby so I'll have to finish it later) to land on a building inbetween two satellite jammer vehicles, blow each one of those up with rockets thne land on each of the building, drop a beacon to blow it up with rockets and then fly off to the next building before the rockets hit the one I've just done. :)

It's definately do-able, I just landed the helicopter wrong, on the first building I needed to destroy, so I couldn't get back into it because there was a slight drop on the other side - still almost did the mission by getting off the building and doing the beacons on foot.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:07
Regular
"8==="
Blow up the helicopter beforehand if you can.
Sat 12/03/05 at 12:58
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Does anyone know how to get a person, without killing them, out of a helicopter? I'm having trouble with the seven of hearts: he keeps getting into a near by helicopter, which is ten times better then any of mine.

Also tried the prototype rifle, not the greatest gun in my opinion I'll stick with the Carbine.
Sat 12/03/05 at 11:52
Regular
"8==="
Just about doubled my deaths and retries to 46 and 44 on the attempt of one mission.

Trying to dive inot an enemy base with a chopper and get some hostages out again with the same chopper. At about 10 goes in I did it and got them to the base, but the base was under attack and they caught some stray rounds so I had to try the mission some more.

No wonder the CIA have trouble with that sort of shiznit.

Also manged to 'persuade' some South Koreans to drive backwards into a river where I prompty shot them as they stood looking gormless on the top of their vehicle's.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.