GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:39
Regular
"8==="
The officers are an excellent idea.

They make it tough to decide which two weapons to have an assault rifle/macine gun for melee, a sniper to take out the officers or a rocket launcher to deal with armour when you're in a tight spot.

Mainly I've charged through with AK and Rocketlauncher but the officer system they've got really makes me appreciate the sniping so you can drive past without getting spotted by an officer as you've already put a bullet in his skull.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:36
I don't have this game yet. I am, however, on the last boss battle of Project: Snowblind OMFG
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:35
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Heh, after I completed that mission I took it past a battle between NK tanks and Chinese tanks, it was all going well, as I was disguised as a civilian, but then a Chinese officer poked his head up and pointed me out. Suddenly both sides turned against me. Although the car was totally destroyed I did just manage to escape and hijack a NK tank, but that didn't last too long either so I was returned to MASH.

Could have been a better battle if I was prepared.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:30
Regular
"8==="
Used the sports car for a Mafia mission, it's fast but appears to be made of aluminium. :)
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I also just unlocked the sports car, it's a pretty sweet thing to drive around. The Chinese hate me now and I can't be bothered to pay their bribe so I'm hunting the lost treause and blueprints to improve their mood, the car makes it a lot more faster.

Just a couple more airstrikes and I'll have the full set, then I can spend my 4.5 million on flattening NK. :D
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:26
Regular
"8==="
Coming up to 18 hours play (over 3 days)

Have completed the diamond set and moved onto the 2nd area and the hearts set, first thing I go after is the King as he's the first directly given to me (!) 5 mins after that I'm mucking about in a helicopter after caturing the king and, unbelievably someone startsshooting at me in the mountains, I take him out and bink 'Ten of hearts appears over his head'.

Quality. :)
Sat 12/03/05 at 00:04
Regular
Unlocked the sports car and a cruise missile strike earlier which are sweeter than sweet.

Oh and also eventually worked out how to use the gunship support after all this time. I thought it was rubbish because nothing ever happened when I fired it, now I know how it works and it kicks much asses.

Excellent game!
Fri 11/03/05 at 09:53
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> to be honest I don't find the helicopters that entertaining, apart
> from the magnet/chain thing. can you get in an apache gunship?
> that'd be interesting.

Yup, anti-armour rifle if your a good shot and don't care about allied casualties, otherwise bait em, n lob a stun grenade to go off just in front of them and hijack it. Well worth the effort!
Fri 11/03/05 at 08:16
Regular
"8==="
Coming up to 12 hours of play now.

This game is amazing!

Anyone who's done the Jack of Diamonds mission will know what I mean. Just absolute quality, stylish and fun stuff all the time.
Thu 10/03/05 at 22:37
Regular
to be honest I don't find the helicopters that entertaining, apart from the magnet/chain thing. can you get in an apache gunship? that'd be interesting.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.